Roost shooting

Millet

Your normal day time scopes are more than capable of picking them out in the dark,the knack to it is go out on the lighter blustery night prefarably with a pink night sky,the use of artificial light is not needed and is illegal,torch light is only used to find what has been shot.

I cant wait for the leaves to fall so i can get out and do a bit of roost shooting without a light..does anyone else on here like a bit of shooting in the dark.. :whistling: ..

Millet

never done but sounds good, is it phesant and what does it involve.

Can also be woodies and is also a good method of controleing magpies and other corvids:thumbs:

Souns good that,do you stay under the one tree or move about from tree to tree?

Slowly does it from tree to tree, it is also a good method for controlling squirrels you need to go 2 handed for them though,get your mate to shake the trees which hold the dreys and the squirrels come jumping out and with them being diurnal they night vision is not too good and they just sit there waiting to be popped of,im not 100% but it could be illigal to shoot pheasant and other game birds at night so you had best steer clear of them unless some one can clear it up on here,my main aim when shooting at night is vermin species.