Bull greyhounds and kids

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i would trust all my dogs with my kids, because my kids have been taught around dogs, cant always blame the dogs, sorry if this isnt everyone's opinion.

I think they can no longer have the nanny dog tag, that was in days long gone, when culling out bad traits was more prominent, now they are breed and breed for cash, colour and look, so there are some

Posted Images

Personally I think it may be a little foolish to 100% trust a dog with kids, having said that both My daughters grew up in a house full of Bull Terriers, a minimum of 4 but often up to 6. They both learnt to walk whilst holding a a bullys ears. I think as much as getting dogs bullet proof and put in every situation possible, in and around kids, The kids have to learn right from wrong around them also. I have never owned a Bull X Only Bull terriers and I will say they have a very high pain threshold. In My experience when other not so dog friendly toddlers came round, sometimes some little sod of a kid may poke or prod one of our Bullys, they just sucked it up and would look at me as if to say have a word, and find a quite corner to settle. Where I believe other breeds may of had a little snap.

So for Me I would say Bull breeds are fantastic around kids, surely with the bonus of a laid back greyhound in the mix they must as well as make fantastic working dogs, be great family members as well.

Justin

Personally I think it may be a little foolish to 100% trust a dog with kids, having said that both My daughters grew up in a house full of Bull Terriers, a minimum of 4 but often up to 6. They both learnt to walk whilst holding a a bullys ears. I think as much as getting dogs bullet proof and put in every situation possible, in and around kids, The kids have to learn right from wrong around them also. I have never owned a Bull X Only Bull terriers and I will say they have a very high pain threshold. In My experience when other not so dog friendly toddlers came round, sometimes some little sod of a kid may poke or prod one of our Bullys, they just sucked it up and would look at me as if to say have a word, and find a quite corner to settle. Where I believe other breeds may of had a little snap.

So for Me I would say Bull breeds are fantastic around kids, surely with the bonus of a laid back greyhound in the mix they must as well as make fantastic working dogs, be great family members as well.

Justin

how come you only ever hear or see in the paper or on the news of staffordshire bulls bighting kids or even killing??? all them toss*ers walking around with there tank tops n through streets with there staff 30 yard in front of them.. why??? is it cool or something?? not saying you are one of them mate but them kind of people our going to make us have to have a license and insurance to own a dog soon..

a dog never bites until it bites and when it does it's to late.. so anybody saying yes i trust my bull x around my kids is an utte arse hole in my opinion. jon

I'd agree mate, but would call them foolish rather than an arsehole. :thumbs:

a dog never bites until it bites and when it does it's to late.. so anybody saying yes i trust my bull x around my kids is an utte arse hole in my opinion. jon

well foolish then mate.. but when there dog bites there own kid they will be calling thereself an arsehole.. lol i have a bull x and wouldnt trust it as far as i could throw it.. they have a background and that should be taken note of.. atb jon

well foolish then mate.. but when there dog bites there own kid they will be calling thereself an arsehole.. lol i have a bull x and wouldnt trust it as far as i could throw it.. they have a background and that should be taken note of.. atb jon

Dogs a dog mate, biting is one expression they have, could happen, not worth the risk with any dog.

Justin

how come you only ever hear or see in the paper or on the news of staffordshire bulls bighting kids or even killing??? all them toss*ers walking around with there tank tops n through streets with there staff 30 yard in front of them.. why??? is it cool or something?? not saying you are one of them mate but them kind of people our going to make us have to have a license and insurance to own a dog soon..

Hi mate no I am a forty year old man, no tank top and looking tuff, Your argument answers itself. Dogs need to be taught and trained to be a social animal. There are loads of little sods round here with their two bob moody looking Staff`s. Never on leads and having a go at every other dog being walked by responsible owners. This is where I put Myself. I dont bother walking My Bull Terriers anywhere near our local park due to the fact they love nothing more than sending there dog over to have a pop at Mine. Thankfully I own very sociable well train and mentally stable animals, that never rise to the bait and just turn the over cheek, even when they are getting had a go at, they still stay cool. I put this down to correct training and being well manored. I will say If I owned a dog that as You say You do, not to be trusted at all, It would only be going to one place mate and thats down the vets on a one way ticket. Otherwise this would make me no better than the above mentioned tank top wearing hoodie thug. These are the guys who`s dogs we read about in the papers. Tokens of macho pride encouraged to behave in a disgusting manor.

As for a working dog I have no experience of the cross, Only of true K.C registered Bull Terriers, These guys dont even chase cats.

Justin

Justin

Hi mate no I am a forty year old man, no tank top and looking tuff, Your argument answers itself. Dogs need to be taught and trained to be a social animal. There are loads of little sods round here with their two bob moody looking Staff`s. Never on leads and having a go at every other dog being walked by responsible owners. This is where I put Myself. I dont bother walking My Bull Terriers anywhere near our local park due to the fact they love nothing more than sending there dog over to have a pop at Mine. Thankfully I own very sociable well train and mentally stable animals, that never rise to the bait and just turn the over cheek, even when they are getting had a go at, they still stay cool. I put this down to correct training and being well manored. I will say If I owned a dog that as You say You do, not to be trusted at all, It would only be going to one place mate and thats down the vets on a one way ticket. Otherwise this would make me no better than the above mentioned tank top wearing hoodie thug. These are the guys who`s dogs we read about in the papers. Tokens of macho pride encouraged to behave in a disgusting manor.

As for a working dog I have no experience of the cross, Only of true K.C registered Bull Terriers, These guys dont even chase cats.

Justin

fairplay to you mate for bringing them up correctly.. i wasnt putting you in the spotlight as you obviously are a responsible dog owner.. atb jon