Need help skycat

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i had a bitch that was sal/grey x coll/grey an she was an outstanding bitch for the first 3 seasons i worked her, she took a lot of bunnys, oot in the field an ones that were sat in the hedges,   t

getting to clever for his own good mate he doesnt think hes got a chance so he cant be botherd lots of people like this and call them clever personally i think this is no good because the lurcher needs to get up as quickly as possible to put pressure on the game and that in turn will make its prey do mistakes ive seen dogs doing this a few times now and beleve me it really does frustrate you!!!!!!!!!!! all you can hope is he snaps out of it good luck mate :thumbs:

i had a bitch that was sal/grey x coll/grey an she was an outstanding bitch for the first 3 seasons i worked her,

she took a lot of bunnys, oot in the field an ones that were sat in the hedges,

then 1 day she just started doing what you says yours is mate, trying to stalk or walk up the beam half heartedly,

im sorry to say that she never changed, not after using another dog to gee her up, not after running her doubled up

while doubled up she would run out of jealousy, but take her out herself again an the stalking began again...

she still run bigger stuff tho, with all her heart, but the bunnys didnt seem tot get her going anymore

ye will find that there is diffrent views about this, some say they like/dont mind it, as its clever

an some say its jacking, i never got rid of my bitch over it, as she was still a very handy bitch to have around even after she jacked(so to speak), she still caught more than most..

i have since done a lot of thinking about this matter an i belive a dog that will run anything will put more game away, as like said earlier, they force mistakes

hope your dog comes good, as chart says its only a baby still

atb best of luck

Dotty

:thumbs:

• Like 1

My bitch wont run a rabbit near hedges,i dont find it a problem.When she,s running other stuff she,s totally different.Find some warrens round cover and hedges and bolt rabbits.the dog will run them hard,if that does,nt work dont be to hung up on it,it,s only a rabbit.

My bitch is nearly four and she has started to not run for something she has less chance of catching, resulting in me getting bigger bags and her not missing as many! Too me i think its a good thing and rather clever!

no being funny mate, but thats what i used to say, then seen her oot wae a dog that would run anything an after she refused to run a few bunnys we slipped the other dog an some a them uncatchable bunnys were caught :thumbs:

mine does that aswell mate anything near a fence hedge etc he goes steady for a few seconds then stops and crouches down until i call him back ...... it seems as if they know they aint gona get them doesnt it ! my other one just goes full wack where ever they are ...... doesnt seem to bother me anymore ive learned to live with it :victory:

My bitch is nearly four and she has started to not run for something she has less chance of catching, resulting in me getting bigger bags and her not missing as many! Too me i think its a good thing and rather clever!

no being funny mate, but thats what i used to say, then seen her oot wae a dog that would run anything an after she refused to run a few bunnys we slipped the other dog an some a them uncatchable bunnys were caught :thumbs:

Oh yeah completely agree, i try not to be picky realy, sometimes she goes about 10yds and thinks no chance here, i then call get on and she goes, but if the bunny has already started moving, its a bit late! Catch rate changes ie when she ran close cover bunnys its was like 3 runs 1 bunny now its getting to 3/3!

Edited by genuine

Mines the same, just took it was because she's half collie.

Plan to get something a little less bright next time, whippet possibly with a dash of bull, never thought i'd hear myself saying that :D

You need something that will just hurtle down the edges and force rabbits to panic and make mistakes.

Deer/grey with that much running dog in it i would have thought it would be fine.

Edited by shepp