The lurcher as a hunting companion, or as a killing machine?

pre ban i did a lot of day time foxin and in my experience they some times catch them in places that you would find it hard to get to the bottom of a gil or thick bramble. I would expect the dog to be able to deal with his quarry on his own no good the dog waiting for the back up i think there would be to many wasted chances and a dog baying or just hold them for 30 seconds then let go again is no good when using dogs for serous pest control.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL IDEATION READ WHAT YA HAVE TA SAY AND I MUS T SAY I AGREE WITH ALOT YA HAVE TA SAY WERE ON ABOUT VERMIN CONTROLL OF THE HEAVIER VARIETY GETTING IN THERE AND SORTING QUICKLY HIS TH

but what about that grey area where you have a dog that has never hunted fox and it tackles one by accident when your out after rabbit. i have a little kelpie x grew i wouldnt stand by and watch a lit

I agree Malt, dog hunts with me, not for me, although i'm sure they get 'pleasure' (in the dog sense of satisfaction from pleasing the pack leader) from my pleasure. I hunt because i like to hunt and

very same guys that say, dog should kill it, are indded the same guys ye see pulling away when a bunny kicks oot :whistling:

get it over an done with, as quickly an quietly as possible, an move on :thumbs:

and also how u planning on killing a fox quickly when it could turn and bite ya ? pre ban

I allways carry a knife, and use it where appropriate.

but what about that grey area where you have a dog that has never hunted fox and it tackles one by accident when your out after rabbit. i have a little kelpie x grew i wouldnt stand by and watch a little dog like her try and tackle a big dog fox it would be a blood bath.wether big or small a hunter worth his salt should dispatch his prey with the minimum of fuss and anxiety caused to the prey. its your duty and we can all argue till we are blue in the face but wether its vermin or not it deserves a quick and as painless a death as possible.

all my dogs are companions first and foremost what glory is there in seeing your dog with a face like a football after a fox has mangled it?

How much does that Kelpie cross weigh?