f**king cats

went for a quick walk with my two dogs my bullx and my eight month old pup any way cut long story short crossed the road with both dogs on leads just got over a fence to get back in a field when my bullx winded a cat in the hedge i didnt have no idea its was there hes ran the cat straight back across the road. hes lost the cat and on his way back to me with lead still on him when a car came along at some speed bang into him it knocked him a good distance truthfully i thought he was dead any way hes got back up and came back to me started to check him all over he i could tell the way his left hind leg was hanging it was broke.got him staight to the vets as thought his legs broke they have taken a bone graft off his front left shoulder so they could fix his back leg with plates n pins hes in a pretty bad way at minute.not long fetched him out just wondering if anyone has any injuries like this with there dogs and what was the out come like did they ever run again.i know its a long way off yet but just carnt help thinking about the future for him am absolutely gutted.atb biza

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually never thought you had meant to offend at all Mrs A.R.D....I think some people just misinterpreted what you'd said. It's difficult to come across properly via this medium....there's no nuanc

My partners dog broke its leg running a rabbit across rough plough last October, it was a bad break and required two operations and it has taken a long time to fully recover but she is now 100%. Hope you have insurance as our bill was £3,500 at Newmarket, best of luck..........

Depends on how bad a break it is....plenty of dogs have come back from broken legs but you'll need time and patience to let it heal properly. Good luck! :thumbs:

thats all i can do now mate just keep my fingers crossed and hope he gets right he will be out of action for a long while will give me a lot more time to put into my young one thanks all the same biza

hope it works out mate whatever condition i had a ex racer which came off the track because of a broken leg and realy aint seen a better runner on the long ears she was amasing. just hope yours heals the same

nice one mate ive just got give him time and patience only time will tell atb biza

Got a BT her that has not long got over a broken leg mate...she was pinned and it took a good 3 months of cage rest to come good.

we are 4 months on now and she is strong as ever on it....good luck.

nice one mate i think thats the key to not rush them and let them have plenty of rest atb biza

it aint the cats fault dont you include cats when stock breaking?

my lurchers are keen for them but i can call them off anything theres alot of cats

around here, our farmers tend to like them around.

my terrier broke her leg it healed very quickly and she was sound on it.

all the best mrs A.R.D

hiya

my bitch broke her leg last october, as my partner has already said, nothing prepares you and i was calm when she actually done it but i reacted afterwards when she left at vets i felt awfull, not only do you panic about the dog but you worry about future work, in all honesty i thought the leg would have to be removed and she would be written off and only be keeping sofa warm and me company, though i wouldn't ever re home her for any reason but it would have been such a shame to lose her as a working dog,

i lost the season with her, which wasn't such a bad thing as it meant i had no choice but to concerntrate on the pups, the first op cost three and half grand where a plate was screwed directly into the bone and also had a pin fitted, she was very sorry for herself, went off her food and hated it when i picked up the lead and left her behind, it was a very miserable time for all involved,

she was in crate permentaly and had to be carried over the steps to go to the loo outside, lost a fair bit of weight due to losing appetite but mentally was very low

she then had second op because the pin moved and was hurting her elbow which swelled to the size of a golf ball, so they removed the pin altoghter in january and she still has the plate now, it wasn't until march that she being lead walked and not until apiril until she was off lead,

even six months after the break she was very aware of the leg and favoured it and when she'd run she would suddenly slow right down once remembering her leg

then one day out on a walk she caught herself a bunny and from then she was grand, it

was a very long miserable healing time, but it healed even though i didn't think it would and now apart from the scar and the odd swelling every now and again you wouldn't even know she'd done it, i wish your dog a speedy recovery and i'm sorry to hear the dog is so young too

keep us informed all the very best

heres a link from when my bitch broke hers, people were lovely with some handy tips

lurcher lass x x x

deerstalkingirelandandjazzbroken-2.jpg

deerstalkingirelandandjazzbrokenleg.jpg

deerstalkingirelandandjazzbroken-1.jpg

my dog lives with cats and they take the mic out of him but he would kill any outside in a second

well my dogs must be well behaved then. i just call them off and they come back not saying they wouldnt kill one given half a chance but there recall is bang on.

mrs A he never asked that now did he :doh: he said its happened and if anyone else has had it happen to there dogs you werent there so dont pass judgement :bye:

best of luck with the dog biza 45.gif:thumbs:

my dog lives with cats and they take the mic out of him but he would kill any outside in a second

well my dogs must be well behaved then. i just call them off and they come back not saying they wouldnt kill one given half a chance but there recall is bang on.

mrs A he never asked that now did he :doh: he said its happened and if anyone else has had it happen to there dogs you werent there so dont pass judgement :bye:

best of luck with the dog biza 45.gif:thumbs:

how is what i said passing judgement??