DIG !!!

Guest the poacher

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lady hunter
:D i liked the photos lets see some more :D:D , them terriers are doing what they were bred for, i cant see any wrong in the photos, but i supose if thats the first time some one has seen a bit of blood on a terrier it might worry some, have you any working terriers butler ?????
how people bring young dogs on is up to them me and my mates has always done it this way the dog has only seen 2 foxes i know that isnt alot for a 2 year old dog we have had him about 2 months had a bit of work to do with him as he was over weight he will see plenty more this season and im sure he will be dug to as much as we can this season how can some mone expect a dog that hasnt seen anything go in and do the job he doesnt know

It's not becouse its a 2 year old dog, that you dont have to enter it slowly. It's not the age that counts but the expierience. (my opinion) A half worked fox is a good occasion/quarry to test a terrier in that situation, And he did well, en so do you :clapper:

Guest Taffydog
Must just be me then that thinks more of my dog than to get it chewed up unnecessarily. But that aside what you have done is now illegal under the new laws. Your quarry must be humanly dispatched at the earliest opportunity not baited with every dog on the dig :no: It is hard enough working our dogs under these new laws with out people openly admitting to breaking them on a web site. Remember it is just a loop hole that is keeping us legal one that can be closed at any time by our anti hunting government. One last thing causing unnecessary suffering carries a jail term and a dog ban so if you value your work watch what you post cos trust me from personal experience the law is watching.

oi pal ggo and talk shit else where this is a hunting site and if you dont like what you see f**k off ok you mouthy twat

taffydog

Butler - What do you consider the right age for a dog to be entered ? , although to be fair that is a difficult question to answer as terriers as individuals are all different . But would you push a younger dog more if it was showing extra enthusiasm ? , and showing a liking for the task in hand . Although it's a fine line between giving extra work and abusing a young immature dog .

The right age is when they are ready like you said all dogs are diffrent. But once they start i like to give them plenty of graft i wont ever work a dog saw but as soon as they are healed they go straight back in. Most lads i know work there young stuff like this and it seems to turn out a good dog as the end result. But if the dogs are not made from the right stuff in the first place they can be found out pretty quickly this way.

Its all a matter of vieuw I think, some find it neccesary to cull a terrier at 6 months becouse he's not interrested in rats, or fox. others have more patience and say it isn't good to enter a dog too early. Can imagine that if, your in hunt service for someone, your ammount of terriers have to be top class 365 days a year, breeding a lot, testing a lot and maybe unneccesary cull a lot.

I think that when an anti read a story about testing and culling,that it is a different story when it comes from a "sunday terrierman" or from someone in "hunt service" if you know what I mean.

When is a terrier ready? can be on 5 month's for rats, 10 for fox? See them entering (that age on fox more then enough, even younger. For some its no problem (terrier/terrierman) and some find it creul or not done...but that is the whole point between anti's and terrierpeople.

And some give namecards to fast, when a discussion fall's on boards and forums. Its not becouse Butler is having an opinion, that he's an anti.

here is some constructive criticism for ya butley f**K off you anti :11: nah all jokes aside its like us learning to take up a new sport for instance sword fighting :11: you are goin to get cut once of twice until you learn how to master the sport successfully :thumbs-up: keep the pics comming

Edited by whippet boy
Its all a matter of vieuw I think, some find it neccesary to cull a terrier at 6 months becouse he's not interrested in rats, or fox. others have more patience and say it isn't good to enter a dog too early. Can imagine that if, your in hunt service for someone, your ammount of terriers have to be top class 365 days a year, breeding a lot, testing a lot and maybe unneccesary cull a lot.

I think that when an anti read a story about testing and culling,that it is a different story when it comes from a "sunday terrierman" or from someone in "hunt service" if you know what I mean.

When is a terrier ready? can be on 5 month's for rats, 10 for fox? See them entering (that age on fox more then enough, even younger. For some its no problem (terrier/terrierman) and some find it creul or not done...but that is the whole point between anti's and terrierpeople.

And some give namecards to fast, when a discussion fall's on boards and forums. Its not becouse Butler is having an opinion, that he's an anti.

culled at 6 month ?? my mates got a terrier that is not the slightest bit interested in rats but you will dig the bitch week in week out.

Good photos poacher,keep at it fella.

Butler - forgive me, at first the comments you were making made you sound a little dodgy and could even be likened to the comments of an anti, and as usual I opened my gob before engaging my brain :icon_redface: and maybe what I said was a little harsh, for that I apologise.

Anyone on here that knows me will tell you i'm not such a prick all of the time (well most of it anyway :11: !!)

Each individual have their own ways of entering young dogs and who is to say if they are right or wrong but I suppose we all have opinions, personally I do a similar thing as Poacher does and it works for me, but I also know the importance of patience, and no doubt the way you enter works for you too!

Cheers :drink:

Well,,everybody seem's to have alot to say about this thread but one thing's for sure any "anti" reading this forum must think it's great,all you boy's "bitching at each other"!! + the bloody stupid photo's dont exactly help our cause,buy all-mean's take them but dont put them on here for anybody to see!

:blink: iI suppose you feel the same way about tail docking aswell Stando :hmm:

Old Poacher has let an up and coming dog have a taste of life here after,thats all.

The dog may learn from this and then the whole thing has been worth while. :unsure:

One thing i learned, in my formative years representing HM government overseas, is a little blood goes a long way :yes: the dog got a nip,so what.

:rocker: Keep them pictures coming Poacher. :rocker: