An enjoyable stalk ending with a very nice roe buck

I met Wayne a lad from another site at his house at 04.45 & put my kit into his new truck we put Max in the back & set off for some roe ground Wayne had.We got to the ground & parked up on the edge of a corn field,Wayne had already spotted 3 animals near a wood the other side of a small valley,but it was a doe & twins.We stalked down to a track at the top of the valley & started going along it when Wayne spotted a buck in the valley,I climbed over a wire fence to get into a sitting position & put the sticks up & with me in position Wayne started calling with the buttalo,the buck started to come straight away,this was the first time i'd seen a buttalo used & was amazed how affective they were,the buck went into a dip out of sight for a few minutes & with Wayne calling he eventually came out the dip,I tried to adjust my position & he paused,turned & ran a short distance,we quickly got into a better position & Wayne set the sticks up & started calling again the buck stood broadside & off went the safety & bang,he dropped on the spot, we waited for a while I shook Waynes hand & we made our way down the valley letting Max find him,Max worked all the way down the valley until he came to the buck & I think he was as much over the moon as I was ,he was a cracking buck thanks again Wayne & not forgetting Max

post-41106-078787200 1282679348_thumb.jpg

Andy

• Like 1