anybody got a dog

Is that not the bull attitude coming through? Bull terriers have a reputation for being aggresive......

A typical ignorant reply from someone who has obviously never had a bull terrier,and I expect would never dream of owning one due to their ''UNSTABLE''nature. :no: bull terriers can be agressive towards other dogs and some animals,THEY SHOULD NEVER BE AGRESSIVE TOWARDS A HUMAN''unfortunately the most of the breed is completely FOOKED UP from indiscriminate breeding....THAT IS NOT THE DOGS FAULT.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

but the dog isnt aggressive just abit bad tempered at times but not all the time hes fine with other dogs the kids and our own cat chickens horses just has a few snotty tendences if he dont get his own way as i said earlyer hes coming on well and so far am made up with him an wouldnt change him for the world

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A typical ignorant reply from someone who has obviously never had a bull terrier,and I expect would never dream of owning one due to their ''UNSTABLE''nature. bull terriers can be agressive towards o

Had a few dogs in the past that might have been considered bad tempered, but if they,re able to let out some of the tension built up in them regular i found they settle, dogs with high drive need to b

dog needs getting rid of permanently IMO, dog aggression in a hunting dog can be curtailed somewhat by an EXPERIENCED person (always worked single, on a chain, excercied alone etc), but no one should

Posted Images

Is that not the bull attitude coming through? Bull terriers have a reputation for being aggresive......

A typical ignorant reply from someone who has obviously never had a bull terrier,and I expect would never dream of owning one due to their ''UNSTABLE''nature. :no: bull terriers can be agressive towards other dogs and some animals,THEY SHOULD NEVER BE AGRESSIVE TOWARDS A HUMAN''unfortunately the most of the breed is completely FOOKED UP from indiscriminate breeding....THAT IS NOT THE DOGS FAULT.

but the dog isnt aggressive just abit bad tempered at times but not all the time hes fine with other dogs the kids and our own cat chickens horses just has a few snotty tendences if he dont get his own way as i said earlyer hes coming on well and so far am made up with him an wouldnt change him for the world

Take control before you lose it completely. A firm hand and a couple of stern words with the right body language should cure it. Never give him what he wants if he shows any sign of demading it :thumbs:

Take control before you lose it completely. A firm hand and a couple of stern words with the right body language should cure it. Never give him what he wants if he shows any sign of demading it :thumbs:

I agree, IMO the warning signs are there and need acting on now.. :thumbs:

Guest Buttermilk

id be putting some manners into it mate,short and sharp,otherwise could end up nothing but trouble

I agree. I'm really soft-hearted when it comes to dogs ( and horses and children!), but have to say I'd give him a hard smack across the muzzle if he nipped me on the leg.

He's only a pup really and you must stamp on this behaviour before he asserts himself even more. Be firm.

Edited by Buttermilk

iv got a nasty terrier, he's a bully with people and if he thinks your scared it makes him worse, he's 9 years old and iv never found the cure for him and belive me iv tryed everything. Although he's never acctually biten anybody but thats only because i know what he's like and im on top of him all the time. iv come to the conclusion he's just a nob but he's good at his job, needless to say this dog wont be getting rehomed when he retires. post-52820-037187800 1281275122_thumb.jpg

post-52820-070645100 1281274713_thumb.jpg looks can be decieving!

Had a few dogs in the past that might have been considered bad tempered, but if they,re able to let out some of the tension built up in them regular i found they settle, dogs with high drive need to be to ground that charge in them, its that pent up energy that leads to problems, the biting of the lead espically if the dog knows its getting out , and then prevented by you stopping on the walk, is the dog trying to ground the energy through biting because its in front of its face ,and its the same with your trouser leg, he's not trying too cause pain , he feels compelled to mouth something, its not an aggressive motive its an energy build up released into something near him,,smacking the f****r, will stop him all right, but the energy problem is still there ,waiting to come out somewhere else,,The old time bull dog owners had this sussed and gave their dogs plenty of bite work regular, it kept their dogs grounded,,

• Like 1

If had this with a few of my dogs,

simple answer is exercise and drain that energy 1st thing in the morning if you can, i have found this to be the best way to compat these sort of things,

also when walking i always use a check/choke chain, and my dogs always walk to the side of my slighly behind me never in front, that way im leading them, also, stopping randomly making them sit and wait sometimes for 1 minute sometimes more or less, and if they move correct them with a sharp pull on the lead to the side, and a firm no!,

i use the same correction for any behaiour i dont want, seems to break their concentration and can be done off the lead in the house with a bop to the nose or a jab to the body, (it is only to break the concentration never to cause pain),

i also never give a dog attention if it approaches me and i push it away, and if i go to a door and i dont want them to follow me i point and say move! then walk at them until they back up to aroun 3ft away from the door, then i open it and if they move they go further back,

that way they know i have my own space so leave me alone until i call you over and just beacuse ive opened the door doesnt mean i want you to come with me.

if you have more then one dog you will notice the dominant one will correct any behaviour it doesnt like, and always gets given its own space, so i just copied that,

i found this helps alot, and once you get used to doing it, it becomes 2nd nature and my dogs are all very well behaved for the majority of the time :D

Edited by Jordb543

iv tryed all that with my terrier and it doesnt work, he's too head strong! but with the others who are generaly well behaved if they start trying it on i pin them to assert dominance and thats all i have to do for them to get the picture. i just make eye contact with the lurchers for them to behave.

i give my boy plenty of exercise, he gets worse if he's tired lol like i said before i think he's just a nob lol love him to bits tho.

dog needs getting rid of permanently IMO, dog aggression in a hunting dog can be curtailed somewhat by an EXPERIENCED person (always worked single, on a chain, excercied alone etc), but no one should try and "handle" a man aggressive hunting dog, and that is what your dog is becoming. You may not THINK that it is a problem, but you are deluding yourself ... it is a BIG problem and will only get worse. A LOT worse.

• Like 1

dog needs getting rid of permanently IMO, dog aggression in a hunting dog can be curtailed somewhat by an EXPERIENCED person (always worked single, on a chain, excercied alone etc), but no one should try and "handle" a man aggressive hunting dog, and that is what your dog is becoming. You may not THINK that it is a problem, but you are deluding yourself ... it is a BIG problem and will only get worse. A LOT worse.

dog aint a problem if you read my earlyer post his fine most of the time plays with kids our own other animals you've just made him out to be a basket case wont ever be an option to get rid of him he lives with 7 other dogs that are all perfectly well behaved with people and other dogs. im grateful for those who have put other bits of advise up and as was mentioned on here earlyer he does tend to be worse if he has built up energy which hes now run twice a day which has stopped some of his fustration my topic was simply put on to see if anybody had dogs with bad tempers and those who replied with similar cases made intresting reading as ive said hes coming on well does as hes told off the lead as well as on. An as for man aggresive do you think id have a 4 and 9 year old playing around him if i thought in anyway he was dangerous i dont think so, dog to over friendly if anything follows everywhere i go, these moments only seem to happen through fustration which im now working and havent had one for the last week. never will it be an option to get rid. even if he was dangerous i wouldnt shove him off on to someone else to make him someone elses problem!!!

dog aint a problem if you read my earlyer post his fine most of the time plays with kids our own other animals you've just made him out to be a basket case wont ever be an option to get rid of him he lives with 7 other dogs that are all perfectly well behaved with people and other dogs. im grateful for those who have put other bits of advise up and as was mentioned on here earlyer he does tend to be worse if he has built up energy which hes now run twice a day which has stopped some of his fustration my topic was simply put on to see if anybody had dogs with bad tempers and those who replied with similar cases made intresting reading as ive said hes coming on well does as hes told off the lead as well as on. An as for man aggresive do you think id have a 4 and 9 year old playing around him if i thought in anyway he was dangerous i dont think so, dog to over friendly if anything follows everywhere i go, these moments only seem to happen through fustration which im now working and havent had one for the last week. never will it be an option to get rid. even if he was dangerous i wouldnt shove him off on to someone else to make him someone elses problem!!!

Dont think giving it away was anyones intention more like PTS. You have asked for advice on something and you have been given it, its now up to you how you go about it. Hope you do know you dog and it doesn't cause you any problems in the future but be it on your head if it attacks someone, you have had the warnings!!