treadmills

A few mates have treadmills and swear by them..but they also say they are a poor substitute for actual walking/running. A treadmill doesnt wear the nails down nor does it toughen the feet. Neither does it stretch the tendons or work the ligaments like a natural walk/run would do...atb stabba

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thay have there uses i supose, but not for me, i would be terrified of forgetting a dog left on.   if your short of time, you cant beet getting them behind the mottor, even if im off out early morn

Couldn't agree more hogdog! You wouldn't hear someone say "I don't feed broth because beef is better". Because you feed fish doesn't mean you can't also feed chicken, etc. And is a joiner using a powe

At last,a few replies from some that actually understand how to use a mill.They were never meant to be the whole exercise regeime,they are ''part'' of it,a very important part I might add.Every time t

Posted Images

A few mates have treadmills and swear by them..but they also say they are a poor substitute for actual walking/running. A treadmill doesnt wear the nails down nor does it toughen the feet. Neither does it stretch the tendons or work the ligaments like a natural walk/run would do...atb stabba

so why do most athletes use them? what about the older folks, who have worked dogs for forty, fifty years or so, who can't do the miles on foot anymore. treadmills are better than not walking!

where did i say that a treadmill is no good....i said poor substitute. these are statements off lads who actually use them...ive never used 1 and probably never will.treadmills are a substitute for walking/running. dont atheletes use the actual track for training on...i think they do..nothing gets a dog fit like actual walking/running fact.

treadmills are a substitute for walking/running. dont atheletes use the actual track for training on...i think they do..nothing gets a dog fit like actual walking/running fact.

try telling that to the lads who regularly win forley cup over the years!!!

so when your on said treadmill, you are not actually walking/running!!!! have you ever used one? feels EXACTLY like real walking, running to me!

Edited by the colonel

treadmills are a substitute for walking/running. dont atheletes use the actual track for training on...i think they do..nothing gets a dog fit like actual walking/running fact.

so when your on said treadmill, you are not actually walking/running!!!! have you ever used one? feels EXACTLY like real walking, running to me!

:laugh::laugh: i can tell you havent spent much time on treadmills yourself, its alot easyer running on a treadmill than running on the road :thumbdown:

:laugh::laugh: i can tell you havent spent much time on treadmills yourself, its alot easyer running on a treadmill than running on the road :thumbdown:

Got to agree, tread mills are ALOT easier to run/walk on. But as also said, treadmilling is better than no exersize. Call me lazy all you want, i guarrenty, I am physically fitter and am more active than 95% of this site, never mind the dogs come the season. Fact. Yet heres my dog on the mill.

post-21659-042107600 1281174405_thumb.jpg

Doesn't seem to do here any harm.

Dead right mate, there very soft on your feet and ankles, nothing like being on the road.

I will just add a bit to this as my dog is also a show dog. I used one for a bit when my dog was on heat . And she started to move in a strange way, sort of kicking one leg out to much. So I stop using it. This may have gone unnoticed if she was not a show dog, but as we pay a lot of attention to how our dogs move, it was quickly spotted. So there is a chance that using a mill could effect the way your dog moves and this in turn could effect his hunting.

The whole point of a treadmill is that it's not a substitute for anything, it's additional.

When used correctly they are a great tool.

Couldn't agree more hogdog! You wouldn't hear someone say "I don't feed broth because beef is better". Because you feed fish doesn't mean you can't also feed chicken, etc. And is a joiner using a power screw driver lazier than the one using elbow grease.....or just smarter?

Below is a pic of two famous coursing bitches of the past, the one on the left never having been beaten in a match. Does anyone imagine these two had their free running curtailed because C.N. also used a mill?

The one I was using before the ban knocked off after 30 minutes so you would rewind the clock at 25 minutes. My 3 ran up onto it themselves and didn't need tied on, once they'd been accustomed to it and I can tell you it was a great tool on those frosty or snow covered days when my dodgy knee couldn't have taken the miles.

post-1960-1206302720_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

so how long does an average sex session last for you little timmy, cause i wouldnt take me slippers off unless i was putting a 3 hour shift in :thumbs:

I expect your longest shift lamping is 3 hours too, so i won't even bother to let your poor wind up attempt effect me :thumbs::thumbs: Have a good season cuddling up to your dogs infront of the fire :notworthy:

good for when an ice storm has come through, it is hazardous just walking to the barn or kennel, much less keeping a dog fit when there are ice skating rinks everywhere you look for days on end! The amount of time it takes to get dogs fit can go down the drain very quickly if they are left stagnant for even just a few days.

I remember a YouTube clip from 5-6 years ago of several salukiX lookin dogs barking like mad to get on a treadmill and have it switched on

At last,a few replies from some that actually understand how to use a mill.They were never meant to be the whole exercise regeime,they are ''part'' of it,a very important part I might add.Every time this comes on I read the same shite from those that dont comprehend how it should be utilised.Theres nothing better than road work to get a dog in shape,but theres nothing better than a mill to keep it in that condition,FACT :victory:

• Like 1