What have your dogs been mistaken for?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zhaan2yearsold2.jpg

my dogs be mistaken for ,akita, husky, inuit, malamute, shepherd,wolf, cross breed, and even a corgi lol.

im only guessing but is that a norweigan elkhound? im not that familiar with my spitz breeds so i apologise if im wrong!

i'd go with that and also apologise if wrong. :thumbs:

Many years ago ex wife was bottle feeding a goat kid (not my idea) Because it was on 4 hourly feeds had to take it with us to a show.

You would be surprised (or perhaps not) how many lurcher boys, complete with tattoos and earrings, asked if the dog (goat) had saluki in it.

Many years ago ex wife was bottle feeding a goat kid (not my idea) Because it was on 4 hourly feeds had to take it with us to a show.

You would be surprised (or perhaps not) how many lurcher boys, complete with tattoos and earrings, asked if the dog (goat) had saluki in it.

That is a classic :toast:

I think you will find they were politely ripping the pish right oot ye......... :yes:

zhaan2yearsold2.jpg

my dogs be mistaken for ,akita, husky, inuit, malamute, shepherd,wolf, cross breed, and even a corgi lol.

im only guessing but is that a norweigan elkhound? im not that familiar with my spitz breeds so i apologise if im wrong!

i'd go with that and also apologise if wrong. :thumbs:

yep she an Elkhound. :thumbs:

ive been told a few times how you dont see many black jack russels about :wallbash: my terriers are black fell type by the way with no russell in them what so ever and my hounds often get called labradors and theres not one of them a pure colour

took Maggie along to obedience classes where the trainer asked if she was a new zealand huntaway, which was a new breed to me so i had to google it.

untitled.bmp click on this to open it

huntaway

Cal2011068.jpg

maggie

i suppose there is a bit of a likeness they are both canine and mags is half kelpie.

and years ago i took my new american bulldog pup to the vets who thought it was a pit bull and wouldnt give the dog her injections. we had strong words and the nurse who i knew well corrected him. he had never heard of the breed the pompous twat

Edited by stroller

took Maggie along to obedience classes where the trainer asked if she was a new zealand huntaway, which was a new breed to me so i had to google it.

untitled.bmp click on this to open it

huntaway

Cal2011068.jpg

maggie

i suppose there is a bit of a likeness they are both canine and mags is half kelpie.

and years ago i took my new american bulldog pup to the vets who thought it was a pit bull and wouldnt give the dog her injections. we had strong words and the nurse who i knew well corrected him. he had never heard of the breed the pompous twat

whoever asked about the huntaway also needs to google them :thumbs:

I've been asked if my oldest Kelpie, Rust (the one in my avatar) is a husky, collie, alsation cross, basenji, fox, wolf, rescue dog and my personal favourite: "he looks like a bonsai alsation."

My cream kelpie has been described as an Ibizan hound, dingo, fox and lurcher.

Now that I've got three, most people realise that they're the same breed but assume I've been really kind and rehomed three mongrels from the same family. :blink:

I've been asked if my oldest Kelpie, Rust (the one in my avatar) is a husky, collie, alsation cross, basenji, fox, wolf, rescue dog and my personal favourite: "he looks like a bonsai alsation."

My cream kelpie has been described as an Ibizan hound, dingo, fox and lurcher.

Now that I've got three, most people realise that they're the same breed but assume I've been really kind and rehomed three mongrels from the same family. :blink:

Bonsai alsation thats a new one on me