Urgent help please

Guest AngelicAcid

I was out walking one of the dogs of saturday night, and was in a local park, she was off the lead, when a couple approached, with one dog off the lead and one dog on the lead, my bitch went and started to go for this white fluffy thing, all hell broke loose, and the couple started to kick my dog, which caused a scene, they departed.

later i was stopped by police and they asked me what had happened, i explained, they checked the dog, and she had a very small cut under her chin.

It has now turned out that the woman was bitten by A dog, not saying mine, but the couple are saying that it was.

I have been cautiuoned, the dog has ben passed as un aggressive, and that the situation just got well right of hand.

The coppers said that i would be getting a visit in the next few days, and that it would just coem to nothing.

Any advice please.

Guest jt750

Both dogs off the lead then there is nothing to prove ..your word against theirs ..he says she says scenario ..if their dog had been on a lead and yours off then its a different matter. Also they were kicking the dogs so who knows which dog bit

Guest AngelicAcid

Even the coppers sais that they were over exagerating, just have to wait and see whats going to happen, a wouldnt care, its not even my dog, its my mothers as well.

I got in a simular situation a few years back where I was walking my dog not on a lead in are village but not on the road just past some houses opposite the pub and out side was a couple with a dog sitting by there side my dog did go over and yes didnt take to other dogs if became aggesive but tried never to put him in this position he was a staf anyway as my dog was going to this dog I shouted pick your dog up and the reply was why and then there dog made a lung at my dog and they started fighting anyway I broke them of I said that I would take my dog home come back and sort it out when I got back the couple was in the pub and didnt want to spak to me the landlord who is still in a friend came out and said that the lady was in shock and had a cut on her finger one cut I said then I could not see how she could have got a cut or as it turned out said was bit by my dog and at no time did I see either dog turn and bite as I was the one getting the dogs apart anyway few days later a local copper came up and said that I had to go to nick make a statment as there had been a complaint that I owned a dangerous dog and it had bit her so I did I told them what had happened but the time of the incident was when the papers where all on about the pit bulls dangerous dog act so made the papers and I got a very good solicitor who was used to the dog acts and had been highly recommended this after I had been to local court and they said that I had to answer the charges dangerous dog bitting with intent .

I went and at the time I had two dogs a staf and a son from him crossed with a jack russal who would bite if confronted and when I was at court the copper who was asked the question had they had any trouble with this dog in the past he said yes and when I tried to say it was a different dog the court offical said not to interuped and never let me have my say and they found me quailty £750 fine and I had a order placed on me that I did not take the dog in a public place and that the courts where looking into whether the dog had pit bull in him as I never had a pedigree but the dog died three weeks later and was tweleve and this all for a women who complained that my dog bite her and had one bite or she said which I never so but what I would say is dont tell the coppers anything dont make no statment if asked without a solicitor has I thought that I was on the right side of the law but now would always seek advice and say nothing .ps best luck

I wouldnt trust the police. they may act as if they are on youre side but they just wait till you make a wrong statement and use it against you. don't talk to them without a solicitor present and if unsure about a question youre being asked just 'no comment' incase you put youre foot in it and give a wrong answer.