best country for terriermen.....

has anyone else ever travled abroad and lived in other countrys i lived in spain for 1 year holland for a year and ireland for a few months and various places in the uk iam not the most well travled person in the world but have deffinatly seen enough and been to enough places to have my eyes opend to the way yous are treated in your own country my dogs have done more travvleng than half my mates at home lol and have better lives and eat better haha

The problem for most of the fellas that are reading this is they still need an income. (apart from those on the dole).

Gem, as I told you before, I believe Ireland is the best place for it. Most all the farmers in rural Ireland are very keen to get rid of vermin. Everyone is usually friendly and hospitable that is if you are the same back. Out here in the west of Ireland, every man is his own boss and makes his own laws and no one gives him a hard time. Keep your sport to yourself and no one will bother you.

It is imperative though that you embrace your community, don't make enemies, always keep a smile on your face and don't grass anyone.

If you can do this then you will have more than enough work for your dogs, whether the laws change or not.

Now if you cannot do this, instead want to flee to greener pastures, then try Bulgaria, it's EU, you can buy a house for a few thousand and hunt to your hearts content.

:drink:

So true keep your sport to yourself and the word banned means feck all over here to 99% of us anyway.

if ye hadnt noticed lads are getting done over by ispca left, right and center.

give it 5yrs and i wonder will ireland be the same place, fine gael hasnt kept its election promise to reverse the ban on staghunting!

I think you only hear what you want to hear or read Its hardly left right and centre compared to haw may diggen men we have per county in this country and the point been if they banned working terrier over here do you think they have the resourses to come after us unlikely. I have never so much as seen an ispca van or dog warden in my area unless you head into town and that might be 1 in a million they have very limited resouses thank god. And if a diggin man keeps himself to himself he can dig what he like when he like thats my experience over the years anyway. Stag hunting can hardly be done quietly its a big difference to working your dog under ground. I only worry bout my sport and i think in this country at least its fine for a time to come

Edited by tillearthdouspart

Gem, as I told you before, I believe Ireland is the best place for it. Most all the farmers in rural Ireland are very keen to get rid of vermin. Everyone is usually friendly and hospitable that is if you are the same back. Out here in the west of Ireland, every man is his own boss and makes his own laws and no one gives him a hard time. Keep your sport to yourself and no one will bother you.

It is imperative though that you embrace your community, don't make enemies, always keep a smile on your face and don't grass anyone.

If you can do this then you will have more than enough work for your dogs, whether the laws change or not.

Now if you cannot do this, instead want to flee to greener pastures, then try Bulgaria, it's EU, you can buy a house for a few thousand and hunt to your hearts content.

So true keep your sport to yourself and the word banned means feck all over here to 99% of us anyway.

give it 5yrs and i wonder will ireland be the same place, fine gael hasnt kept its election promise to reverse the ban on staghunting!

I think you only hear what you want to hear or read Its hardly left right and centre compared to how may diggen men we have per county in this country and the point been if they banned working terrier over here do you think they have the resourses to come after us unlikely. I have never so much as seen an ispca van or dog warden in my area unless you head into town and that might be 1 in a year they have very limited resouses thank god. And if a diggin man keeps himself to himself he can dig what he like when he like thats my experience over the years anyway. Stag hunting can hardly be done quietly its a big difference to working your dog under ground. I only worry bout my sport and i think in this country at least its fine for a time to come. Banned or not it still can be done with at my own discretion.

I wont be stop diggin...............

If you can do this then you will haved more than enough work for your dogs, whether the laws change or not.

I think you only hear what you want to hear or read Its hardly left right and centre compared to how may diggen men we have per county in this country and the point been if they banned working terrier over here do you think they have the resourses to come after us unlikely. I have never so much as seen an ispca van or dog warden in my area unless you head into town and that might be 1 in a year they have very limited resouses thank god. And if a diggin man keeps himself to himself he can dig what he like when he like thats my experience over the years anyway. Stag hunting can hardly be done quietly its a big difference to working your dog under ground. I only worry bout my sport and i think in this country at least its fine for a time to come. Banned or not it still can be done with at my own discretion.

I wont be stop diggin.....

ispca dont need to go looking for ya. country is full of nosy c**ts. amount of times ive come home to find c**ts wandering around the back of my house uninvited. and im out in the sticks. heard all about it in the pub how i have dead deer and fox hanging in my backyard and skulls in my house and i rarely invite anyone in as i dont like them so they must have their eyes pressedup to the glass

Reckon you guys have a rather romantic view of oz which isn't entirely accurate. We suffer all the same nanny state shit the UK does, in fact most of your laws just automatically come here. It's a big place sure but all the huntable country that actually contains wildlife belongs to someone. If you aren't going to buy a huge rural property (realistically thousands of acres), you're gonna have a hard time finding anywhere to hunt. Forget about state forests and the like, they're either devoid of wildlife (a lot of them truly are just wooded wastelands), or you're not even allowed to have dogs in them.

The only type of country here animals actually like and live in is rural, farms and sheep/cattle stations and etc. And forget about poaching. I notice you guys talk about poaching like it's just a bit cheeky but all in good wholesome fun. Well in oz it's seen as being close to pedophilia, like a poacher is considered a heinous lowly scumbag, and that's fellow hunters who feel that way, let alone the antis, which there are no shortage of by any stretch of the imagination. I think you guys get the impression we're all crocodile dundee/mad max wild cowboy types, but we're just a bunch of hippy do-gooders like you guys in reality. It pains me to admit.

Realistically you'd want to avoid any developed modern nation, they all suffer from the same stuff. Go live in some 3rd world country and no one will care what you get up to.

Just on another note terriers aren't that big in australia and with good reason, half the fox/rabbit holes you'll come across will have an extremely deadly snake in them, and the ground is generally hard and rocky as hell. Terrier work a bit more common down south maybe where there are less snakes, but if you had any chance of finding the wild and free outback paradise you envision it would have been in the top end, northern territory to be precise. South is all way too civilised and over-regulated. Don't think I've ever even heard of terriermen up north.

Just a different perspective to consider, not just trying to keep poms and yanks out I promise :angel:

Reckon you guys have a rather romantic view of oz which isn't entirely accurate. We suffer all the same nanny state shit the UK does, in fact most of your laws just automatically come here. It's a big place sure but all the huntable country that actually contains wildlife belongs to someone. If you aren't going to buy a huge rural property (realistically thousands of acres), you're gonna have a hard time finding anywhere to hunt. Forget about state forests and the like, they're either devoid of wildlife (a lot of them truly are just wooded wastelands), or you're not even allowed to have dogs in them.

The only type of country here animals actually like and live in is rural, farms and sheep/cattle stations and etc. And forget about poaching. I notice you guys talk about poaching like it's just a bit cheeky but all in good wholesome fun. Well in oz it's seen as being close to pedophilia, like a poacher is considered a heinous lowly scumbag, and that's fellow hunters who feel that way, let alone the antis, which there are no shortage of by any stretch of the imagination. I think you guys get the impression we're all crocodile dundee/mad max wild cowboy types, but we're just a bunch of hippy do-gooders like you guys in reality. It pains me to admit.

Realistically you'd want to avoid any developed modern nation, they all suffer from the same stuff. Go live in some 3rd world country and no one will care what you get up to.

Just on another note terriers aren't that big in australia and with good reason, half the fox/rabbit holes you'll come across will have an extremely deadly snake in them, and the ground is generally hard and rocky as hell. Terrier work a bit more common down south maybe where there are less snakes, but if you had any chance of finding the wild and free outback paradise you envision it would have been in the top end, northern territory to be precise. South is all way too civilised and over-regulated. Don't think I've ever even heard of terriermen up north.

Just a different perspective to consider, not just trying to keep poms and yanks out I promise :angel:

any hunt clubs in oz , and korea is good place they have badgers. Dont know about japan but dog fighting is legal there so they very conservative lol i think they arrest antis there lol

gem are you irish born saw u at show yesterday this country was great for ten years nobody complain then it was ten years of party party is it time to jump ship this country is a great place to live with or without money there were 40 patts in dog class yesterday at show you wont see that anywhere in the world anymore

good to see positive words about ireland for a change. we all know this country is run by clowns but the beauty of this country is its people and the land beneath your feet.

Ive been looking at alot of land and thinking bout moving to North Carolina. It seems as if the only things you cant hunt with dogs there are Turkey and Geese!

Is anyone here from out that way? Pros cons?

Ive also been thinking about eastern Europe, somthing like Bulgaria. But i am not really sure how easy it would be to immigrate there. Can anyone give some insight as to what it takes to become a citizen there? What are the actual hunting laws like there?

Land there seems INCREDIBLY cheap, almost too good to be true??

go to belgium, nice people easy to get a nice house en you can go hunting wild boars, foxes badgers en deer with the terriers.

From belgium you can get easy to france, germany and holland to go hunting. Only lurchers work is illegal i believe

Im not sure all that is correct.

Ive been hunting in South America, USA, all over Europe,Australia and I still love and relish the hunting each time I return to the UK. I am lucky to have some great land to hunt over, good friends who also take me out, good dogs which my friends keep and work while im away... and loads of game!!

You would be happy if you stick to where your heart is as your home base, then just travel A LOT hunting all over the world, or if you cant leave your dogs, stick to Europe. I regularly take my dogs hunting all over Europe and Ive never had any bother with re-entering the UK with marked up dogs etc anyway if you did you would be ok apart from a little hassle... Plus the pet passport system is becoming much easier and cheaper as of 2012.

Its also very cheap to get about, you dont need to be rich.