If it wants to it will

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if it cant get it cant get simple as ...

i take it don you are a hunt terrierman and alot of your digging is in chailk an flint, which is why you require a selection of sized dogs?? so even your 11inch dogs sometimes are too big to get ther

If it's too big...it's too big. End of.   There are some situations where a dog will push through (light soils), but on the other hand the fox will be digging on itself in those situations and it ne

I think it depends on the earth in question, if its soil with no roots and you left the dog to dig on, most terriers would get there. but in a rooty earth, or a rubbish tip etc, if there's a gap too small the dog isnt going to get there at all, no matter how much it wants in.

just my inexperienced oppinion! :thumbs:

ATB

Molie

How many times do you hear that saying .If it wants to it will get there ,usually about the stronger terrier .I have my own thoughts on the subject what are yours?..

That statement is a pure sign of someone with limited knowledge and experience or just a pure bullshitter, :thumbs:

IMO if a terrier is too big it's too big and will be limited to where you can put him whether he has all the determination in the world or not.

I'd rather keep a smaller type, they work just as well in most situations and you can't make the excuse that they can't get to their quarry!

Misty, I think you might eat those words!! :doh::doh:

Stevie

IMO if a terrier is too big it's too big and will be limited to where you can put him whether he has all the determination in the world or not.

I'd rather keep a smaller type, they work just as well in most situations and you can't make the excuse that they can't get to their quarry!

Stevie

What i mean is anyone that thinks a big dog can get anywhere is kidding himself ,now tell me whats wrong with that?

Stevie

What i mean is anyone that thinks a big dog can get anywhere is kidding himself ,now tell me whats wrong with that?

That's not what you said. No worries, carry on. :thumbs:

Stevie

That's not what you said. No worries, carry on. :thumbs:

Your english must be different to mine :thumbs:

now i like strong dogs but they all have there uses that why i have a mixed kennel , as for leaving a dog to dig on bollacks it takes a special dog to dig on and not end up burried and cutting his own air supply off = dead dog <BR><BR>as i said its horses for courses  , small dogs arent much use to me as around here most of the tube are big  ie 18 in - 2 foot across and small dogs cant hold them but we have a few places like old tips and some stoney places where a small dog is needed hence keeping a mixed kennel iam lucky enough to be able to do this but the boys with just one or two dog just have to pick there places