sexing kits

The easiest way to tell the sexes is jills have an anal opening & vaginal opening very close together

the hobs will have an anal opening & then follow up the stomach from the anal opening & you will find his penis ...i would say its about half an inch in distance between the two :thumbs:

Not wishing to sound arrogant but if you dont know any of this stuff

What age to sex the kits,

How to do it.

And it sounds like you didnt plan ahead by getting people in advance who want a kit.

Sounds to me like you should of found all this out before you even considered breeding them.

Not wishing to sound arrogant but if you dont know any of this stuff

What age to sex the kits,

How to do it.

And it sounds like you didnt plan ahead by getting people in advance who want a kit.

Sounds to me like you should of found all this out before you even considered breeding them.

i acctualy got given the ferrets of someone on the rabbiters forum and was tld they had been taken out of seasonby what they thaught was a vacectomised hob and turned out the vet had not done the job right so now i have a little of unplanned kits. So please do not judge me and jump to conclusions befor you know the story behind it.

Tom

• Like 1
  • 10 years later...

Thanks Kay, I was unsure also. Can't abide people who jump to conclusions! Just saying.

I've 11 11days old and I've DEWS and albino kits so at least now I can tell the potential owners. Its now 2021 and I'm selling mine for 40 but people are charging these days for 100 or more!! I always paid 10 for a kit even 4yr ago. Thanks I'll sex them tomorrow ?

• Sad 1