in support of turbotyke she very kindly judged for us at the last minute due to another judge letting us down at thoresby & furher more did a grand job & as for lurcher world staff being repeatedly placed this is total nonesense as were usually too busy to even get a dog in the ring & its peoples attitudes like this that are hurting all lurcher events a few people working very hard get nothing but critisism very unfair !

isnt it correct that the bullx that won belonged to one of your members?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont hold back tell it how it is

every judge has to start somewhere and i think its good that you have the balls to get up and do it. so what if you havnt had working dogs for very long because you grew up with me. Doglady should tak

i agree with u pal like i said i judge i dont show! iv never used show dog blood in my line and dont peddle pups i breed mine to keep a true working strain alive. if people need to get recognition a

:laugh: Wats up with people takeing this showing to seriousley i only ever judged once in 81 [bANNED TEXT] i was only 20 and all the snide comments about being young FFS its a bit of fun and TBH i wouldent give a shit if the chuckle brothers were judgeing it:doh:

i suppose every judge gets shit its how it is but i think its sad its a bit of fun id be moor pissed off if my dog was shit in the field moor than in the show ring but each to there own

every judge has to start somewhere and i think its good that you have the balls to get up and do it. so what if you havnt had working dogs for very long because you grew up with me. Doglady should take another look at my profile, thats what turbotykes been around for years. so just leave her alone and let her do her thing.

i know shes your sister and im not trying to be rude everyones entitled to there own opinon. your a judge so you should know what i mean. i just dont think someone of 23years can be qualified enough to tell some one there dog is better than anyone elces. some people who go to shows have had working dogs longer than shes been alive.

well thats your opinion, so what if you think shes unqualified you dont have to go to the shows and enter your dog. jen does her best so just leave her alone or i'll set my mrs on ya! but seriously if you dont like it dont go its really that simple.

:laugh: Wats up with people takeing this showing to seriousley i only ever judged once in 81 [bANNED TEXT] i was only 20 and all the snide comments about being young FFS its a bit of fun and TBH i wouldent give a shit if the chuckle brothers were judgeing it:doh:

i judge at shows mate and take that as abit of an insult, i judge so the standard of working terriers is kept at a very good one, i suppose some people see it as fun and i dont personaly exibit my own dogs. but to the people who breed off the dogs and put the time and effort into working them and keeping them in top condition all year round its abit more than just abit of fun. atb

i judge at shows mate and take that as abit of an insult, i judge so the standard of working terriers is kept at a very good one, i suppose some people see it as fun and i dont personaly exibit my own dogs. but to the people who breed off the dogs and put the time and effort into working them and keeping them in top condition all year round its abit more than just abit of fun. atb

And by it being more than just a bit of fun wich imho thats all it should be we have over the years now seen people whos only aim for the lurcher is for it to win a rosset or trophys or to my suprise [bANNED TEXT] i found out a decent some of money and that came from a chap who won the midland some years ago with a bitch called santa cruz.IMHO showing taken seriousley will always have a detrimental affect on any working type of as the kennel club is testament to that.

And by it being more than just a bit of fun wich imho thats all it should be we have over the years now seen people whos only aim for the lurcher is for it to win a rosset or trophys or to my suprise [bANNED TEXT] i found out a decent some of money and that came from a chap who won the midland some years ago with a bitch called santa cruz.IMHO showing taken seriousley will always have a detrimental affect on any working type of as the kennel club is testament to that.

well when im in the ring judging the working terriers and im not talking about the dogs that do nothing except sit in a house looking nice, i mean the true workers. i take it quite serious i know what to look for, i breed my own strain of working fell terrier and i dont take my final desision as a bit of fun. as for the people who exibit there dogs some are there for the trophys but what iv found is that others are just looking for recognition for what they do with there dog.

well when im in the ring judging the working terriers and im not talking about the dogs that do nothing except sit in a house looking nice, i mean the true workers. i take it quite serious i know what to look for, i breed my own strain of working fell terrier and i dont take my final desision as a bit of fun. as for the people who exibit there dogs some are there for the trophys but what iv found is that others are just looking for recognition for what they do with there dog.

Why do they have to go to shows to look for recognition in their dogs walking around a show ring with a lurcher proves nothing about the dogs working ability if you mean recognition for the dogs ability to win trophys well that i can believe.

Why do they have to go to shows to look for recognition in their dogs walking around a show ring with a lurcher proves nothing about the dogs working ability if you mean recognition for the dogs ability to win trophys well that i can believe.

if you read what i wrote you will see im talking about terriers and judging and i mean recognition of all the hard work and hours they have put into there Terriers to mold them into healthy working dogs.

if you read what i wrote you will see im talking about terriers and judging and i mean recognition of all the hard work and hours they have put into there Terriers to mold them into healthy working dogs.

But how do you KNOW they are WORKING dogs in the working dog class? Anyone can pay their pound and walk into the ring with any dog. Surely you judge the dog and not the person(reputation)holding the lead? What would happen if a really ugly put together dog entered the ring but everyone present knew it was a fantastic worker but had wick conformation? By what standard would it be judged against a well put together unproven dog? :hmm:

I am not getting into any arguments here but those that crave recognition by winning shows are imho have intentions of useing it as a platform to be a succesfull salesperson.I grew up and know some of the best terriermen from s.yorkshire who never needed shows to be recognised for their professionalism [bANNED TEXT] it came to terriers and earth work but funny enough never bred terriers for profit.

But how do you KNOW they are WORKING dogs in the working dog class? Anyone can pay their pound and walk into the ring with any dog. Surely you judge the dog and not the person(reputation)holding the lead? What would happen if a really ugly put together dog entered the ring but everyone present knew it was a fantastic worker but had wick conformation? By what standard would it be judged against a well put together unproven dog? :hmm:

over 25 years experiance of working terriers mate! take a look at mine nothing but workers. experiance tells you, i dont pick Terriers because they're pretty pal. its not hard to tell a true earth dog. it is maybe differant with the lurchers i dont judge them so i dont know.