I am not getting into any arguments here but those that crave recognition by winning shows are imho have intentions of useing it as a platform to be a succesfull salesperson.I grew up and know some of the best terriermen from s.yorkshire who never needed shows to be recognised for their professionalism [bANNED TEXT] it came to terriers and earth work but funny enough never bred terriers for profit.

i agree with u pal like i said i judge i dont show! iv never used show dog blood in my line and dont peddle pups i breed mine to keep a true working strain alive. if people need to get recognition at shows then thats upto them, i earned my reputation with spade and terrier! I dont run a bobbery pack becaues they look nice and i dont parade around the show ring with them i do my talking in the field. have a look at my page and see abit of what we do. i came on this topic to stick up for my sister not to argue with you.

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont hold back tell it how it is

every judge has to start somewhere and i think its good that you have the balls to get up and do it. so what if you havnt had working dogs for very long because you grew up with me. Doglady should tak

i agree with u pal like i said i judge i dont show! iv never used show dog blood in my line and dont peddle pups i breed mine to keep a true working strain alive. if people need to get recognition a

i suppose every judge gets shit its how it is but i think its sad its a bit of fun id be moor pissed off if my dog was shit in the field moor than in the show ring but each to there own

every judge has to start somewhere and i think its good that you have the balls to get up and do it. so what if you havnt had working dogs for very long because you grew up with me. Doglady should take another look at my profile, thats what turbotykes been around for years. so just leave her alone and let her do her thing.

i know shes your sister and im not trying to be rude everyones entitled to there own opinon. your a judge so you should know what i mean. i just dont think someone of 23years can be qualified enough to tell some one there dog is better than anyone elces. some people who go to shows have had working dogs longer than shes been alive.

doglady aint it about what the judge prefers on the day there opinion end of 10 people could pick out 10 diff dogs if you get my point ,SO WHAT IF THEY DO.

:laugh: Wats up with people takeing this showing to seriousley i only ever judged once in 81 [bANNED TEXT] i was only 20 and all the snide comments about being young FFS its a bit of fun and TBH i wouldent give a shit if the chuckle brothers were judgeing it:doh:

at last the voice of reason,spot on .

:laugh: Wats up with people takeing this showing to seriousley i only ever judged once in 81 [bANNED TEXT] i was only 20 and all the snide comments about being young FFS its a bit of fun and TBH i wouldent give a shit if the chuckle brothers were judgeing it:doh:

i judge at shows mate and take that as abit of an insult, i judge so the standard of working terriers is kept at a very good one, i suppose some people see it as fun and i dont personaly exibit my own dogs. but to the people who breed off the dogs and put the time and effort into working them and keeping them in top condition all year round its abit more than just abit of fun. atb

And by it being more than just a bit of fun wich imho thats all it should be we have over the years now seen people whos only aim for the lurcher is for it to win a rosset or trophys or to my suprise [bANNED TEXT] i found out a decent some of money and that came from a chap who won the midland some years ago with a bitch called santa cruz.IMHO showing taken seriousley will always have a detrimental affect on any working type of as the kennel club is testament to that.

well when im in the ring judging the working terriers and im not talking about the dogs that do nothing except sit in a house looking nice, i mean the true workers. i take it quite serious i know what to look for, i breed my own strain of working fell terrier and i dont take my final desision as a bit of fun. as for the people who exibit there dogs some are there for the trophys but what iv found is that others are just looking for recognition for what they do with there dog.

Why do they have to go to shows to look for recognition in their dogs walking around a show ring with a lurcher proves nothing about the dogs working ability if you mean recognition for the dogs ability to win trophys well that i can believe.

if you read what i wrote you will see im talking about terriers and judging and i mean recognition of all the hard work and hours they have put into there Terriers to mold them into healthy working dogs.

But how do you KNOW they are WORKING dogs in the working dog class? Anyone can pay their pound and walk into the ring with any dog. Surely you judge the dog and not the person(reputation)holding the lead? What would happen if a really ugly put together dog entered the ring but everyone present knew it was a fantastic worker but had wick conformation? By what standard would it be judged against a well put together unproven dog? :hmm:

over 25 years experiance of working terriers mate! take a look at mine nothing but workers. experiance tells you, i dont pick Terriers because they're pretty pal. its not hard to tell a true earth dog. it is maybe differant with the lurchers i dont judge them so i dont know.

ashover how do you pick out a real earth dog in the ring,if its so obvious it would be better kept at home not paraded in the ring shows do nothing for working ability ,lads with TRUE workers dont want recognition

i judge at shows mate and take that as abit of an insult, i judge so the standard of working terriers is kept at a very good one, i suppose some people see it as fun and i dont personaly exibit my own dogs. but to the people who breed off the dogs and put the time and effort into working them and keeping them in top condition all year round its abit more than just abit of fun. atb

And by it being more than just a bit of fun wich imho thats all it should be we have over the years now seen people whos only aim for the lurcher is for it to win a rosset or trophys or to my suprise [bANNED TEXT] i found out a decent some of money and that came from a chap who won the midland some years ago with a bitch called santa cruz.IMHO showing taken seriousley will always have a detrimental affect on any working type of as the kennel club is testament to that.

well when im in the ring judging the working terriers and im not talking about the dogs that do nothing except sit in a house looking nice, i mean the true workers. i take it quite serious i know what to look for, i breed my own strain of working fell terrier and i dont take my final desision as a bit of fun. as for the people who exibit there dogs some are there for the trophys but what iv found is that others are just looking for recognition for what they do with there dog.

Why do they have to go to shows to look for recognition in their dogs walking around a show ring with a lurcher proves nothing about the dogs working ability if you mean recognition for the dogs ability to win trophys well that i can believe.

if you read what i wrote you will see im talking about terriers and judging and i mean recognition of all the hard work and hours they have put into there Terriers to mold them into healthy working dogs.

But how do you KNOW they are WORKING dogs in the working dog class? Anyone can pay their pound and walk into the ring with any dog. Surely you judge the dog and not the person(reputation)holding the lead? What would happen if a really ugly put together dog entered the ring but everyone present knew it was a fantastic worker but had wick conformation? By what standard would it be judged against a well put together unproven dog? :hmm:

over 25 years experiance of working terriers mate! take a look at mine nothing but workers. experiance tells you, i dont pick Terriers because they're pretty pal. its not hard to tell a true earth dog. it is maybe differant with the lurchers i dont judge them so i dont know.

ashover how do you pick out a real earth dog in the ring,if its so obvious it would be better kept at home not paraded in the ring shows do nothing for working ability ,lads with TRUE workers dont want recognition

its not hard to tell a worker from a show dog. im not going to try and explane myself to you i dont need to. i just judge them! like i said i dont show my own dogs and if people want to show theres its up to them.

We will be going to osmaston at the weekend as i am over in england visiting family.

Why do people always give the judge a hard time at the end of the day its what dog they prefer. Dont get me wrong i have shown dogs and told the judge he needs to go to speck savers but its all in jest at the end of the day everyone is out to enjoy themselves and if you have to win a show with your dog to prove somthing there is somthing wrong because your only proving it to yourself. The judge could give your beddy X whippet first place that doesnt meen the boy who runs bull X next to you is gunna like it any more. Its a bit of fun and it gets you and your dog out for the day.

I tell you what i will judge at osmaston to make it fair because i dont know anyone from lurcherworld lol :clapper::whistling::big_boss:8)

ive been to these shows before and everyone thats a memmber of the club is always pulled out in the show ring so its all a fix every show ive seen the same people pulled out its not just me saying it theres a few others that have working dogs to have the same apion sorry to say but hope who goes enjoyes it

i know what your saying and sure it happens,but it aint the end of the world,i dont show dogs but its part of the fun seeing how serious some folk take the shows, we always went for the :drink::blink: glad i dont go these days.

It's a shame for all the folk who have travelled and paid to get into the event, surely they deserve a fair crack of the whip. I've seen the judging at the lurcherworld events myself on a few occasions. The last show i attended ( didn't take the dogs) i was telling the mrs which person (not dog!!!) was going to win...

WAS THINKING OF BRINGING MY NEW BITCH......DON'T THINK I WILL BOTHER.I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT GETTING OUT AND MEETING LIKE MINDED PEOPLE HAVING A BEER.....SOUNDS A BIT TOOOOO SERIUOS FOR ME.

totally agree with you pal :drink::thumbs: