This is a very interesting question; my own personal opinion on this question might upset some bull owners. I think that in an out and out rabbit dog there should be no bull at all, bull adds nothing to the rabbit dog, well I surpose it adds the hard mouth factor, so I see no reason at all to include bull in any rabbit dog.

I did have a bullx at one stage, but she was to hard mouthed for my liking.

Let the firing begin. :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Using a well bred bull cross 'only' for rabbits is a crying shame imo and there are other crosses far better at this job.

If we are talking lamping? From the line i've predominanty had, i've owned halfs, three quarters and five eighths. The half crosses were by far the better dogs on rabbits, then the fives, then the three's and i'd stand by that in any decent dogs of this cross.

As for hard mouthed, in terms of softest, it was the halfs again with the others in the same order. If a dog is well schooled in what it does, its generally soft enough on this type of quarry and will never crunch 'em. Though with the halfs, its usually the power in the strike that'll bruise your bunny.

Using a well bred bull cross 'only' for rabbits is a crying shame imo and there are other crosses far better at this job.

If we are talking lamping? From the line i've predominanty had, i've owned halfs, three quarters and five eighths. The half crosses were by far the better dogs on rabbits, then the fives, then the three's and i'd stand by that in any decent dogs of this cross.

As for hard mouthed, in terms of softest, it was the halfs again with the others in the same order. If a dog is well schooled in what it does, its generally soft enough on this type of quarry and will never crunch 'em. Though with the halfs, its usually the power in the strike that'll bruise your bunny.

would agree with you about using a bull x only for rabbits is a crying shame but there is plenty of people that do this isnt there bosun.

i have ran all the bull xs 3/8 , 1/2 etc and found the 1/4 x of around 24-25 inch to be best for the rabbits imo.