wondered if any guys on here could advise.my 2 yr old plummer has recently started losing hair from his ears.the missus took it to the vets and they said they couldnt fathom it out, no ear mites,mange or anything else..........i thought it may be the missus little yorkie cross tearing it out coz they always play fight but not convinced, he hasnt been worked for ages due to my workload so dont think hes picked up any mites or owt....today i could literally just lightly tug on a few hairs and they come out with no resistance,almost like alopecia or something......starting to look unsightly now so just wondered if anyone has any ideas....my 1st thought was maybe stress??...hes walked lots,well fed,and fit as hell,the rest of his coat is perfect,its just his ears.thanks folks.

dont know what it could be,but hair loss on dogs can be treated with something called Advocate from the vets Ive never used it but was told it works

advocate is an anti pesticide like stronghold or scented water frequently known as frontline.. i use advocate very good no mange or fleas,ticks and treats all worms but tape worms,,,

Could be demodex mites. Very common in some breeds like whippets, greyhounds and staffs. You might also notice the hair around the eyes thinning. For ADVOCATE to work on demodex it has to be used weekly (not monthly as per normal), can become expensive. A lot of greyhound breeders use DORAMECTIN (normally for pigs and sheep). Injected weekly just under the skin it will soon clear up demodex. Dose for terrier would only be (.3ml). This will also control round worms and fleas. You'll pick up a 50ml bottle for 30 quid, works out a lot cheaper than ADVOCATE!

Could be demodex mites. Very common in some breeds like whippets, greyhounds and staffs. You might also notice the hair around the eyes thinning. For ADVOCATE to work on demodex it has to be used weekly (not monthly as per normal), can become expensive. A lot of greyhound breeders use DORAMECTIN (normally for pigs and sheep). Injected weekly just under the skin it will soon clear up demodex. Dose for terrier would only be (.3ml). This will also control round worms and fleas. You'll pick up a 50ml bottle for 30 quid, works out a lot cheaper than ADVOCATE!

thanks guys..the vet used an ultra violet light over my dogs skin and found no trace of any mites whatsoever......

wondered if any guys on here could advise.my 2 yr old plummer has recently started losing hair from his ears.the missus took it to the vets and they said they couldnt fathom it out, no ear mites,mange or anything else..........i thought it may be the missus little yorkie cross tearing it out coz they always play fight but not convinced, he hasnt been worked for ages due to my workload so dont think hes picked up any mites or owt....today i could literally just lightly tug on a few hairs and they come out with no resistance,almost like alopecia or something......starting to look unsightly now so just wondered if anyone has any ideas....my 1st thought was maybe stress??...hes walked lots,well fed,and fit as hell,the rest of his coat is perfect,its just his ears.thanks folks.

alright mate, I have the same trouble with my plummer bitch, I use camrosa oil on them it's really gd it's desighned for hair loss on horses but works wonders on dogs too, it's advertised in the cw atb mate

I have also got a male greyhound who has lost fur from his ears .. its all dry & its almost as if you can scrape it off .. its not sore or breaking the skin .. he is a bugger for laying in the sun if i dont fetch him in i have been putting some kids sun screen on his ears in case they burnt