Ferret polecat hybrids

The ode was not entirely complementary to one of the mods.

Can't believe that had owt to do with the ban.

Here is the poem, it relates to the mod's ferrets:

We had another four.

They all died.

Mummy won't admit nowt.

It's her pride.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the morons who breed angoras...remember that dull individual who was on here once trying to peddle them for an arm and a leg? :laugh:

was the woman fromdurum by any chance?. i have an angora and only kept it as my young lad liked it so much, it came into me after a girl had drove to durum to pick it and its foster mum up and paid £200 for it then 7 wks later she moves house unable to take with her.

The ode was not entirely complementary to one of the mods.

Can't believe that had owt to do with the ban.

Here is the poem, it relates to the mod's ferrets:

We had another four.

They all died.

Mummy won't admit nowt.

It's her pride.

Nothing wrong with that mate, did it have anything to do with angora's by any chance :whistling:

also remember to handle them daily as i found out when on holiday mine was not handled for 6 days and it took bit of work to get her back to where i had her.

Thats why i prefer just a bog standard ferret TBH its not ignorance or that ive not experienced them work before its just simplicity when i had my polecat coloured ferret from a kit i handle it every day for a few weeks and now its fine with being handled i could go on holidays for a week and come back to the same ferret i left no problem. like stubby has said why fix something that isnt broke :censored: , people have been using normal ferrets for years with no problem. i think personally that this eu poley crossing is just another faze in the hunting world and its all just one big pissing contest on who can take the next step :big_boss: by the way any ferret left to its own devices and in a few generations adapt to the environment as well as any polecat have you seen some of the monsters that brimmer has caught in his traps and there just feral ferrets

Richard

Acherly reading and descussing I acherly realised that ferrets and EU polecats are the same thing and it just bepends on handling I supose.

I don't mind peole breeding them for working, though I was of the mind that polecats where unhadlable, but there oviously not if bralt up right, nurture over nature I supose. What I do mind is people trying to get dark poleys for the show ring, the other thing that niggles me is pet ferret are getting larger and more unhealthy.

I don't see the point in angoras, they don't reproduce properly so they should exsist, it not natral.

Droid I liked your poem when you posted it first time round, oviously they have no sence of humor.

The working ability of any animal will eventually suffer when people breed for looks alone: it may not be intentional to breed out working ability, but obviously if each generation isn't tested in the field, prey drive etc will falter: even when breeding worker to worker you still get duff 'uns. What gets me is the inbreeding show people do just to fix a gene responsible for coat or whatever, regardless of how that gene might affect other things in the animal.

I'm sure that the old wive's tale about white dogs being no good is due to the fact that IN GENERAL they have more sensitive skin, weaker claws, more prone to eye problems: white is not a natural colour unless its an animal which lives in the snow, and can anyone think of an animal which is white all year round? Apart from a polar bear of course, and they're more a dirty yellow LOL

My concern about crossing is one of genetic and keeping the eu polecat lines clean, but I am purest when it comes to this, I hate to thing our wild polecat could suffer because of ferret blood.

It's already happened.

You don't think your average medieval ferreter got all their ferrets back do you?

medieval ferreting ?

My concern about crossing is one of genetic and keeping the eu polecat lines clean, but I am purest when it comes to this, I hate to thing our wild polecat could suffer because of ferret blood.

It's already happened.

You don't think your average medieval ferreter got all their ferrets back do you?

medieval ferreting ?

Yes you have to dress up in funny clothes and drink mead