Bits and peices

Hello all,

Not lots to report but went out and bought some AA Fields for the 97K and after wearing the rifle bag over my shoulder I had knocked the gun off zero (wont be carrying it like that again).

When looking around on the permission (I have only two) that I have no use for other than shelter and a nice 30 meter zero area I have looked over this wall a few times to spook the odd pheasant or grouse. Pity we cant take them but oh well, I think these spots have some potential for pigeon decoying as they often seem to feed on the crops here. :boxing:

Need a chair or something and a rest and a couple of decoys see if they come down.

Anyway I went shooting last night but got out a bit late and despite it being a fairly warm evening their was a dampness in the air and the bunnies werent as active as usual, oh well.

I zig-zagged in and out both sides of a long hedge checking both sides for bunnies, Spotted this little one (didnt realise was as small until finding it dead).

Got down o nthe floor and couldnt get a line of site, so back up on my feet and 5 meters closer then few meters out i nthe field slowly. Estimated just over 30 meters so just less than 1 mildot holdover and crack. The only bunny for tonight as I missed a standing shot.

Took a few photos of the permission and also tried to get an arty scope picture of 2 owls sat on a roof having a little snuggle but not enough light to get it right, wasnt easy to do either!

Edited by JackReid
  • Like 1

Nice going Jack :clapper:

Lovely pix of the Owl's

I just cant get a decent image through my scope with my phone cam :(

Jack open an account on photobucket, upload your images to that, make sure the privacy is enabled on the account though or the whole world will see them and complain about cruelty to animals.

Once you have done that, you can paste the IMG code generated by photobucket into your posts and that negates you needing to place multiple posts for your reports :thumbs:

Also avoids someone buggering up your report by replying before you've finished it :thumbs:

Phantom

Nice going Jack :clapper:

Lovely pix of the Owl's

I just cant get a decent image through my scope with my phone cam :(

Jack open an account on photobucket, upload your images to that, make sure the privacy is enabled on the account though or the whole world will see them and complain about cruelty to animals.

Once you have done that, you can paste the IMG code generated by photobucket into your posts and that negates you needing to place multiple posts for your reports :thumbs:

Also avoids someone buggering up your report by replying before you've finished it :thumbs:

Phantom

Yeh Davy took me through it thanks Phantom, I was inserting media and pasting the link in these but when attempting to post it said too many media files? Didnt happen last time. Oh well will sort itself out I'm sure. Cheers.

Hi Si,

Took it to Tony on Tuesday mate. He said two weeks at the moment so could be less could be more. Really cant wait to get it back, the permission has some good sport at the moment. While I've got these two 97's to mess with it will fly by, I've got Download Festival coming up too so no guns there!

Hugo's twin is doing some Landscape Management course or something and has to do some bit on Pest Control and his older bro said he can use the 97K I've been using, so I think tonight I'm gonna take hi mo nthe targets anad perhaps for hunt if its looking like he can deliver. If thats the case I'm gonna stick my Varmint II on his 97KT, should be fun.

Jack