I have always used hemp for years and if well looked after they will last well - they do rot if left wet mind. I think at the end of the day i just find them pleasing personally - they feel right in the hand. They are tough to tangle even when trying to re-net up quick in cover .

Nylon tangles. . . . its hard to see when its a wee bit tangled over the hole and thats when it wont purse, they are also tough to spin out quickly when needing to re-net quick. One other thing if you lose hemp when out it will rot away whereas a nylon will remain out there a potential problem for livestock etc etc etc.

I must admit however that recently i have been given a sample of some spun poly by a member on here (which when i sort my shit out i will be ordering some of) - they seem like a good compromise - will last well even if not so looked after but seem more tangle resistant.

As for colors - the spun poly i'm looking at come in yellow and red - very handy. But i am also ordering some hemp nets from another member on here (again when ive pulled my finger out) which are of first grade quality and have red/yellow draw cord - again an excellent idea.

Its handy to have some nets of different sizes and types to give versatility when out.

Add a couple of poke nets and stop nets and your good to go.

Just get in touch with Agouti,his nets are hard to beat,mine are 4Ft tapered out to 18 meshes,Lay well,catch well and look like new after a go in the washing machine at the end of the season.Yellow is nice and bright,we had some of his dayglow yellow out the other evening and the darker is got the brighter it stands out,,super stuff,give him a call and he will advice you,his netmaking videos are on youtube.

Just get in touch with Agouti,his nets are hard to beat,mine are 4Ft tapered out to 18 meshes,Lay well,catch well and look like new after a go in the washing machine at the end of the season.Yellow is nice and bright,we had some of his dayglow yellow out the other evening and the darker is got the brighter it stands out,,super stuff,give him a call and he will advice you,his netmaking videos are on youtube.

Washing machine??? never you will taint the nets with smell of washing powder.

If you need nets my advice would be to actually get them from Lads who do the Buisness.. Them Commercial Boys who have all sorts for sale dont actually do anything regarding Rabbiting e.t.c.......

The nearest thing to a Rabbit the Commercial Boys will ever see is a Chocalate Easter Bunny!! :D