hiya my missus mum is unfortunatly goin to have to get rid of her collie x whippet i have the sister to her she is 9 months old been brought up around the kids and is really placid like the 1 i have the reason for her having to get rid is her little lad is diabetic and the dog can sense the diff smells he has and will not stop rounding him up (the collie blood lol) she is not looking for any money just a good home for her she has not had her vaccinations and must go by the end of the week im in bodelwyddan north wales will try get a pic i have posted pics of my dog they look very simlar but mine is smaller

mate put a price on the dog or someone will have it and then sell it on to make some cash , dont let it go to just anyone theres a lot of sneeky fookers about , so please take your time and make sure it goes to a good home

atb Fezz :thumbs:

• Like 3

Can i ask why you think a child that "smells" like a diabetic would awaken the herding instincts in a part collie blood dog?!!?! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

In my experience, the most common reason that collie types will obsessively herd . . . . . is boredom and lack of exercise.

Even full collies from working stock can be stopped of this behaviour with training , exercise and a channeling of their work mentality. :thumbs:

Can i ask why you think a child that "smells" like a diabetic would awaken the herding instincts in a part collie blood dog?!!?! :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

In my experience, the most common reason that collie types will obsessively herd . . . . . is boredom and lack of exercise.

Even full collies from working stock can be stopped of this behaviour with training , exercise and a channeling of their work mentality. :thumbs:

pmsl hannah must admit never heard this diabetic thing before .or is it a very origenal excuse to move the dog on :doh:

pmsl hannah must admit never heard this diabetic thing before .or is it a very origenal excuse to move the dog on :doh:

Seriously i'm genuinely fascinated to know what a diabetic smells like!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously i'm genuinely fascinated to know what a diabetic smells like!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dont know myself but if a collie ever starts trying to round you up ,get to the doctors quick :thumbs:

Very true a dogs sense of smell is used for various medical/disability dogs, most commonly to detect fits before they happen in suffers of epilepsy.

My point was, i just find it very hard to believe that a dog would react in that way, especially a puppy, ONLY because it is detecting a different scent from a diabetic child. I am the first to admit that collie blooded dogs can and often do have weird/abnormal obsessions, however i have yet to see or hear of one that can not be corrected through training.

Anyway . . good luck homing the dog. :thumbs:

mate put a price on the dog or someone will have it and then sell it on to make some cash , dont let it go to just anyone theres a lot of sneeky fookers about , so please take your time and make sure it goes to a good home

atb Fezz :thumbs:

asking for some money also makes sure the new owner are more l;ikely to the funds to look after the dog as well

i strongly agree and its some good advice folks are giving not meant for theowners well being but the dogs

colin

Very true a dogs sense of smell is used for various medical/disability dogs, most commonly to detect fits before they happen in suffers of epilepsy.

My point was, i just find it very hard to believe that a dog would react in that way, especially a puppy, ONLY because it is detecting a different scent from a diabetic child. I am the first to admit that collie blooded dogs can and often do have weird/abnormal obsessions, however i have yet to see or hear of one that can not be corrected through training.

You've watched 'My Sisters Keeper' aswell then! lol

You've watched 'My Sisters Keeper' aswell then! lol

No, but i really want to see it! :clapper: