breeding from a none worker

considering a lot of lurchers are bred from ex track greyhounds .. who have only ever seen a mechanical hare .. it appears to be acceptable to breed from non workers whistling.gif

That was not the question Would you breed two dogs of the same litter.It has to be no doh.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NO I rehomed a wonderful looking whippet to a pet home, it wouldnt chase and frankly saw more get up and go in a toy poodle, i wasnt the only one with a non worker from the litter so i couldnt put it

considering a lot of lurchers are bred from ex track greyhounds .. who have only ever seen a mechanical hare .. it appears to be acceptable to breed from non workers whistling.gif

That was not the question Would you breed two dogs of the same litter.It has to be no doh.gif

Thays not the question either catcher 1, it is: Would you breed from a dog that has never been tried? Foe example

You breed a supereb litter out of two superb dogs you keep a bitch and run it on and your gran keeps a bitch that never sees nothing

meanwhile your bitch is shit hot lamps rabbits, catches hares and does charlie single handed.

But it gets knocked over and dies........

Would you breed off your grans fireside pet? when its never even seen a rabbit, because its a sibling of your wonder dog, is it worth the risk?

Edited by Daveo

Well look at this way....Say you had a top class dog like barny for example and you and your mates have never had a dog like it. Then he dies suddenly and you never had chance to breed him to your top bitch....but your parents owned his brother, bengi, for example..but he was purly a pet and has never even seen a rabbit. would you use him as the next best thing, as the bloodline is identical. A non worker is different to a failed worker dont you think?

good point :thumbs:

• 5 months later...

Thays not the question either catcher 1, it is: Would you breed from a dog that has never been tried? Foe example

You breed a supereb litter out of two superb dogs you keep a bitch and run it on and your gran keeps a bitch that never sees nothing

meanwhile your bitch is shit hot lamps rabbits, catches hares and does charlie single handed.

Would you breed off your grans fireside pet? when its never even seen a rabbit, because its a sibling of your wonder dog, is it worth the risk?

yes

yes

yep

considering a lot of lurchers are bred from ex track greyhounds .. who have only ever seen a mechanical hare .. it appears to be acceptable to breed from non workers :whistling:

i hear this tooo often ,,,,,,if thats a draw back,,,,,,then why dont lurcher guys prouduce the perfect working grey,,,,,,,,instead off blaming the grey owners,s that keep the greyhound breed going,,,,,,,,rather than having a dig in the way they are brought up

p.s look back in greyhound data base,,,,they all come from coursing grey,,,,,unfurtunly ,,,,,there sprint greys now,,,,,,but the fondations in every grey are there ,,,its in there ancestory,,,,1800,s 1900,s even till 2day :thumbs:

considering a lot of lurchers are bred from ex track greyhounds .. who have only ever seen a mechanical hare .. it appears to be acceptable to breed from non workers :whistling:

i hear this tooo often ,,,,,,if thats a draw back,,,,,,then why dont lurcher guys prouduce the perfect working grey,,,,,,,,instead off blaming the grey owners,s that keep the greyhound breed going,,,,,,,,rather than having a dig in the way they are brought up

p.s look back in greyhound data base,,,,they all come from coursing grey,,,,,unfurtunly ,,,,,there sprint greys now,,,,,,but the fondations in every grey are there ,,,its in there ancestory,,,,1800,s 1900,s even till 2day :thumbs:

did i say it was wrong !! to breed from track greyhounds , dont think i did ;)

u didnt ,,,,ill addmitt when iam wrong,,,,too out spooken and wrong,,,,sorry ,, :thumbs:

atb bob

( i do think ,,,,years gone bye,,,,lurcher,s guys had plently oppurtunnite to produduce the best working grey,,,,but instead ,,they went for easy option ,,track greys or cousing grey type,s which i might add might add have breed to track 1st in some cases not all then used for coursing comption,s )

whatever the history there the perfect breed for lurcher,,,,,there history books go soo far back ,,,more than most breed,s :thumbs:

u didnt ,,,,ill addmitt when iam wrong,,,,too out spooken and wrong,,,,sorry ,, :thumbs:

atb bob

( i do think ,,,,years gone bye,,,,lurcher,s guys had plently oppurtunnite to produduce the best working grey,,,,but instead ,,they went for easy option ,,track greys or cousing grey type,s which i might add might add have breed to track 1st in some cases not all then used for coursing comption,s )

whatever the history there the perfect breed for lurcher,,,,,there history books go soo far back ,,,more than most breed,s :thumbs:

good luck :thumbs: