collex

are they eny good in the day on the smaller bits ov land and what was they takin preban. cheers pics be nise to. am thinkin ov havin this cross as a first lurcher whats the pros and cons ov this cross and if you think ov eny other dogs that would sout me please say it be manly rabbits am after but bigger stuff to :thumbs:

sound lads

If I were you lad I'd look elsewhere. Collie crosses can be very sensitive and as such can be easily spoiled by inexperience hands. I have Collie crosses myself and Have had for some time, but I would never recommend them to a newcomer. That is unless you have at your disposal someone who has the time and patients to help you with the training and entering of any prospective pup you might acquire.

Perhaps a mongrally lurcher to lurcher with some Collie in it would suit you more. You shouldn't have to much trouble tracking one down there's always plenty for sale in the countryman's weekly.

All the best chap.

Magpie.

sound lads

If I were you lad I'd look elsewhere. Collie crosses can be very sensitive and as such can be easily spoiled by inexperience hands. I have Collie crosses myself and Have had for some time, but I would never recommend them to a newcomer. That is unless you have at your disposal someone who has the time and patients to help you with the training and entering of any prospective pup you might acquire.

Perhaps a mongrally lurcher to lurcher with some Collie in it would suit you more. You shouldn't have to much trouble tracking one down there's always plenty for sale in the countryman's weekly.

All the best chap.

Magpie.

dont agree with any of that mate there the easiest cross to train my far ,

sound lads

All the best chap.

Magpie.

yes easy to train,(but)if you get a nervy one can be hard work :yes: I agree with above, can be quite hard for your 1st lurcher.

sound lads

All the best chap.

Magpie.

yes easy to train,(but)if you get a nervy one can be hard work :yes: I agree with above, can be quite hard for your 1st lurcher.

i have 2 and are a doddle even for a numpty like myself lol

I know a lot of people say collies can be sensitive, but none of the ones i have worked have been....gun shy yes, sensitive no. Now my long gone whippet was sensitive, but nothing compared to my mothers whippet, you dearn't raise you voice at all in his company or you will never get him back on the lead. I think the key with collies lurchers is not to take out your frustrations on them.

I'm bring one on at the moment.......... bred out of a 3/8 5/8 collie grey over a half cross collie grey...

Extremely obedient and eager to please - bags of drive - very intelligent, learnes quick - excellent marker, and clued up on the lamp..........I used to think he was at times lazy, but soon figured that even at 14 months he wasn't going to expend bags of energy trying to catch something he knew he was going to miss.

I am converted, and convinced that if your not doing too much heavy work,they're are the best in the business.

I do agree to some degree to some elses post...as quick as they are to learn properly - tey also would be as youngsters quick to learn bad habbits in the hands of the inexperienced - but this goes for most dogs as a rule

post-6717-127369332438_thumb.jpg

I'm bring one on at the moment.......... bred out of a 3/8 5/8 collie grey over a half cross collie grey...

Extremely obedient and eager to please - bags of drive - very intelligent, learnes quick - excellent marker, and clued up on the lamp..........I used to think he was at times lazy, but soon figured that even at 14 months he wasn't going to expend bags of energy trying to catch something he knew he was going to miss.

I am converted, and convinced that if your not doing too much heavy work,they're are the best in the business.

I do agree to some degree to some elses post...as quick as they are to learn properly - tey also would be as youngsters quick to learn bad habbits in the hands of the inexperienced - but this goes for most dogs as a rule

yeah if theres one piece of advice i would give it would be dont show the dog too much too young. i have slipped my collie x on too many impossible rabbits in her first season. although she is still game enoguh she has lost a little bit of her drive she had for rabbits than when she was younger. luckely i have not spoiled her on the other quarry and she has that extra drive for them still.