Better than last time. Nice evening in the Cemetery

Hi Tony,

Another good read pal :thumbs:

I know what you mean about them Calodonian crap. I made the same mistake once and bought them in bulk. I ended up giving them to the local scout group to use at their open night.

I love the FX 16 grains mate. They are first class pellets and seem to work well in all my rifles both PCPs and springers.

I would be using them in my HW100KT if the chrono would of not showed me that Webley Accupells were more consistant in that barrel.

The R10 and Pro sport love FX though and i wont chang them from that.

Si

Edited by zini

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys and gals.   Before I do my write up and bung up the pix, heres a synopsis of my last session in the Grave Yard for people who don't like my essays   Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Zero is

nice one mate,great story you should right a book bud.great shooting.the tin of pellets look big agaist that rabbit,you wont get a big meal out of that one..

Posted Images

Mmmm, bunny patties, sounds good!

I've found that the younger animals tend to have far more tender, and milder tasting meat. This is true of all the animals I've shot, all three deer species, goat, as well as bunnies.

I quite like some of the "gamier" tasting older animals, but I think the kits, calfs' fawns and kids (and the lambs too, but I don't shoot those!) of this world offer a good entry point to eating game for people who might be put off by the stronger varieties.

I often make pate from the livers and kidneys, just use them the same as chicken livers. I also put liver, kidneys, heart and so on into stews and pies. They break down in the cooking and make a fantastic gravy.

Does anyone else pre-boil their older bunnies? I always do, unless I'm roasting them whole, as it makes getting the meat off much easier!

A great write up, I'd not thought of talking to the local churches about their graveyards! (runs off to nab the local vicar)

Sorry for the monumental thread drift!

Back on subject, I'd be pretty miffed if any pellet grouped more than 1/2" at 30 yards from any of my air rifles! I used to do far less than that with a .22lr on match sights! I'd be putting those firmly in the drawer marked "for plinking with air pistol"

Thanks Guy's

Monumental thread drift indeed :haha:

Si:

Like you I do like the FX16's but I can get tighter groups with the AAF's (we are talking maybe 3mm tighter) But I got them because there were only one tin of each left on the shelf and I don't know when I will be back in the city so grabbed as many as I could afford or not really as the wife made it clear to me :thumbdown:

I pointed out that just one tin of pellets has saves us a fortune in buying meat :yes:

Matt:

I wouldn't use them for plinking with an air pistol, I take pride in my pistol shooting :laugh:

Phantom

Yep understood Tony buddy :thumbs:

3mm can mean all the difference on a 40 metre woodies brain where wind calculation and hold over needs to be very precise.

I cant fault you mate for using the AA pellets if your barrel likes them better, that’s why i changed my HW100KT to Webley Accupells mate after seeing how consistent they were on the chrono :thumbs: .

Best of luck on your new foray mate.

Si

Edited by zini

As usual before reading one of your posts Phantom I went and made a brew and got nice and comfy!!

3hrs later I have finished reading hahaha!!

Awesome post as always mate great read and great pics!!

Keep em coming as they help me pass the time in work!! :gunsmilie: