• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who said anything about sport or hunting? Can't people fecking read, this section is titled - Snaring, Trapping & Pest Control.

Sickening. How many rabbits and where abouts - i guarantee someone would sort them for you and that way you wouldn't be wasting all that meat.

Jai.

Thats what the farmer wants so thats what he gets. Cant let the farmer down or my Uncle will lose his permissions. Do any of you know what to use to gas them ?

Andrew

it might be but i dont class it as sport and i certainly dont class it as hunting

farmer

Who said anything about sport or hunting? icon_eek.gif Can't people fecking read, this section is titled - Snaring, Trapping & Pest Control.

• Like 1

unless your uncle has the correct certification for gassing rabbits, and I guess by your questions he has'ent, then he cant carry out this job, he will need to either tell the farmer this, or find someone to do the job for him, it wont be "FREE" as certification and aluminium phosphide costs money

also, as stated, its illegal to gas foxes or badgers, so great care must be taken as they maybe living in close proximity to rabbits

follow up treatment can be carried out a week or so later, on any reopened holes, and retreated

Andrew wait till the back end then come and borrow a load of ferrets off me!

Go and have a day or a few days sport and solve the problem at the same time.

Gassing rabbits should only be considered if its a real problem on a fairly small scale.

And technically its illegal to gas foxes.

FTB

as stubby says you need to be trained to use aluminium phosphide and you need to show you have been trained in order to buy it ie a copy of your certificate with a written order saying what you are using it for aswell.

so without training your uncle wont be able to get the stuff to do the job :thumbs:

a training day for phosphine is only about £75 i did mine with essex environmental they run day courses quite often all over the country.

but gassing is`nt cheap about £25/tub plus vat plus special delivery plus application equipment, i think some snarings in order :thumbs: much cheaper.

Ive deleated the last three replies, seems certain numpties cant read, this is the pest control section, no need for "bad language" or boasting about non legal forms of pest control, plenty of that goes on in the other sections, so go do it there, if you cant leave sensible posts to the above question, then simply dont

Ive deleated the last three replies, seems certain numpties cant read, this is the pest control section, no need for "bad language" or boasting about non legal forms of pest control, plenty of that goes on in the other sections, so go do it there, if you cant leave sensible posts to the above question, then simply dont

Thanks very much mate. I was ignoring him tbh. Thanks for the advice on foxes i wasnt sure but it wont be happening if its not legal. And as for rabbits i will tell him he has to be licenced.

Thanks very much mate.

I cant agree more with stubby, do it the fun way mate and try to talk the farmer round. I'm B.P.C.A qualified and do gassing on a regular basis, believe me it's not good! :hmm:

Ok thanks very much mate i will tell my uncle. FTB has offered me to go over and get a couple ferrets off him so i might do that in the future. I am tryin to get permission on an estate for the rabbits but the guys the typical posh old person. " oh i dont know i will get back to you" and never gets back to me .

Andrew

Didnt i get deleted and ignored for suggesting this? All i was saying is that the guy was worried about loosing the permission to hunt rabbits if he didnt gas them all which i thought was kind of counter logical. But maybe i'm mising something - ferreting (in season) is efficient, safe and cheap as well as FUN.

Sorry if i upset you Andrew.

Jai.