• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

I dont like my dogs jumping, only got my 14 month old bull whippit back from vets yesterday after needing stitches in his stomach from barbwire after chasing a rabbit that went through a fence. Also where i hunt a lot of the fields are beside the road and a few big ones so isnt the safest having my dogs jump.

Jumping is a must for me, not so much whilst chasing on the lamp as u can stop most things from making off through gaps with a quick shake of the lamp, most frustrating thing is [bANNED TEXT] u hav to lift a dog over every gate and fence in sight, i hav a bullx that will jump fine whilst chasing but wont jump when just passing over a gate or fence, my saluki pup clears the big 6 bar gates even without touching them sometimes so the barbedwire fences are not a problem injury wise.

if you decide that you want your dog/pup to jump always start him/her off with something it can step over or do a little hop over, and when its more cofident higher the obstacle a little one step a! remember practice makes perfect :victory: it worked for my dogs anyway! :)

where i am we dont need our dogs to jump its mostly fences ,and i like my dogs to go under them rather than over ,has ive seen a few that have jumped them and got cault up and ended up with some damage to them selfs

not if they competant enough, my pups been jumping barbed wire fences since 4 month, shes had two cuts but now she never miss judges. you need your dog to jump man.

i sort of need mine too , i usually just walk and if they jump they jump if time goes on and they still dont like jumping i try and learn them ....people always mention barbed wire .... but i never let mine jump pole gates .....barbed wire you end up with alot of stitches but get away with cuts etc ..... but them gates snap dogs legs ...ive seen it happen before and ive never let either of my dogs jump one since :icon_eek:

Edited by SLiP tHe DoG !