bull crosses

not moaning just wondering what the big obsession with bull crosses is ? everybody raves on about how good they are but iv never had chance to go out with one so i cant really say what i think of them ,, in looks i think i prefer the old types with out bull in but thats just my opinion . what advantes would a lets say 23" bull cross have over a 23" beddy cross ? thanks alot ,, replys would be appreciated :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed huntin

well lets be honest a good bull x wont drop a fox when taking a bite they heel faster they try harder and a lot of lads like a bait up wich most bull x's would be happy to take part in true bull x men

if you want to kill a few fox a night then the the bull x is sound i see bull x's that do bunny's but what i'm saying is if you was hunting say first light for food so running the odd bunny hare and d

Posted Images

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed hunting dog there are better breed's but i only bother with fox when i cvome across them thre's more to hunting then killing fox just ask your self this if you and your family was starving you had no electric for a lamp so could only walk during the day what breed x would you want to put food on the table bull x would be my last option just my opinion

• Like 2

im not a lover of bull xs but i can see why people use them ....... i know of a half bred what will kill foxes all day everyday day and night no matter if she as took a lot of stick or not ... and still pick up rabbits quicker than most dogs bred for rabbits , she turns quick she as a quick take of and endless stamina and only stands 21/22" tts and is quite heavy ... i think the people who knock them the most are people who have never seen a good one run they can make allround dogs if you get the right sort , well built and have tonnes of stamina ..

not believe everything ya read on here,there are bull xs out there capable of catching most things.here's two of mine retrieving RABBITS, yes rabbits bull xs can catch them :D ,the black one is a half x to :doh:

post-960-127263752504_thumb.jpg

post-960-127263754828_thumb.jpg

well lets be honest a good bull x wont drop a fox when taking a bite they heel faster they try harder and a lot of lads like a bait up wich most bull x's would be happy to take part in true bull x men use rabbits only as fitness for there dogs (fitness) for bigger quarry. all the time i hear people on here comparing bull x's with lurcher's when the truth is it's a hole differnt ball game i ask any terrier man on here what x running dog would you rather have out with you on a day answer is a bull x so who know's maybe hunting's changed but all i will say is i wouldnt kennel a running dog with out bull in it thank you

• Like 1

not believe everything ya read on here,there are bull xs out there capable of catching most things.here's two of mine retrieving RABBITS, yes rabbits bull xs can catch them :D ,the black one is a half x to :doh:

love seeing your pics of the dogs retrieving rabbits ... :thumbs:

always good to show people bull xs aint a one trick pony

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed hunting dog there are better breed's but i only bother with fox when i cvome across them thre's more to hunting then killing fox just ask your self this if you and your family was starving you had no electric for a lamp so could only walk during the day what breed x would you want to put food on the table bull x would be my last option just my opinion

i think you are wrong pal...i know several bull crosses that would pull the pants off most breeds there is good and bad in all crosses.

well lets be honest a good bull x wont drop a fox when taking a bite they heel faster they try harder and a lot of lads like a bait up wich most bull x's would be happy to take part in true bull x men use rabbits only as fitness for there dogs (fitness) for bigger quarry. all the time i hear people on here comparing bull x's with lurcher's when the truth is it's a hole differnt ball game i ask any terrier man on here what x running dog would you rather have out with you on a day answer is a bull x so who know's maybe hunting's changed but all i will say is i wouldnt kennel a running dog with out bull in it thank you

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

if you want to kill a few fox a night then the the bull x is sound i see bull x's that do bunny's but what i'm saying is if you was hunting say first light for food so running the odd bunny hare and deer is a bull x still going to be able to take a hare deer from say a 75 yard slip and say it misses the first hare or deer after a good 4 minute course is it going to be able to run more till it catches all single handed dont get me wrong baiting lamping fox , deer sound will kill them but then what is there to eat fox no thank you deer proberbly with its legs chewed up and pretty much all of it smashed thens theres getting the dog off whatever its got plus the pulling your arm off all night is not for me each to there own if your a digger or love lamping then there sound but if you want to lamp and run the day and you want to eat what you catch then in my opinion theres much better

• Like 1