BENYLIN ALSO CUT RAW ONION PUT IT IN KENNEL KILLS ALL AIR BORN VIRUS'S.

I've also heard the same said about garlic: semi crush a whole head of garlic, in one of those net things they sell them in, then hang in kennel: if you can bear the smell! Garlic is a powerful antiseptic, very powerful indeed: not to be used on wounds:ouch!! It burns skin if it comes into prolonged contact so keep well away from dogs.

BENYLIN ALSO CUT RAW ONION PUT IT IN KENNEL KILLS ALL AIR BORN VIRUS'S.

I've also heard the same said about garlic: semi crush a whole head of garlic, in one of those net things they sell them in, then hang in kennel: if you can bear the smell! Garlic is a powerful antiseptic, very powerful indeed: not to be used on wounds:ouch!! It burns skin if it comes into prolonged contact so keep well away from dogs.

I always add garlic to the dogs food a few times a week and very rarely have any kind of parasite problems or other health problems with the dogs .

As above isolate the effected dog, its a virus so it will run it's own course, if it doesn't improve it may have a bacterial infection secondary and then may need antibiotics, simple linctus type cough medicine and a warm bed, bit like if you had a bad cold. Hanging garlic or onion will have no effect unless the dog eats and then it may well cause an anaemia. Dogs should not be given any of the onion family because of this as they contain a chemical called thiosulphate for which dogs, unlike humans, lack the ability to digest, when this enters the blood stream it damages the red blood cells leading to a greater or lesser degree of anaemia.

Another Benylin vote. Just treat it like you would a child's cough - I use the child's chesty cough for mine.

No antibiotics tho!! Not unless things drag on for more than about 2 weeks and you think there could be a secondary infection, ie the dog goes off it's food, is lethargic, coughing increases etc.

Also lay off the exercise for a bit, that'll bring on bouts of coughing.

Guest little lurcher

did anyone get to read the article from usa shelters using "tamiflu" tabs against parvo and kennel cough???? i only got a glimspe of it but will try to find the rates of survival in the parvo cases etc , worth thinking about

to the OP , ive always heard to use benylin