Deerhound Cross,

she is from trevor cook,doxhope/cooksland stuff.Just turned two so this year will tell but i could,nt be happier with her up to now.

Really is a nice stamp mate..Trevors dogs were all originally from Doxhope deerhounds, good to see hes kept it going, looks wise anyway.. :thumbs:

Edited by Romany

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin, just go outside and take a picture of your dogs and put it up, on here, for people to see what type you have.

I wondered how long it would be before you came on with youre inane and illiterate comments !! Whin, I've owned and ran all types of pure and cross bred dogs for over 40 years, not just here, but all

artic asking if any one has real good deerhounds my mates beeing after one for two seasons all the kepers and me and other guys have bulls , saluk crosses colie types , hees after a good deerhound typ

Posted Images

god pic shamus be nice to se her on ahill flat out on a bit sport ,bitches seem alot more racy and workmanlike than some of the dogs ive saw in the past , mate had one in the arly seventies fron anastasia noble ardinglass got pics of him a nice dog by any mans standard

god pic shamus be nice to se her on ahill flat out on a bit sport ,bitches seem alot more racy and workmanlike than some of the dogs ive saw in the past , mate had one in the arly seventies fron anastasia noble ardinglass got pics of him a nice dog by any mans standard

:wallbash: :wallbash:

to the deerhound cross owners, what do you think the deerhound adds to a cross? I would say strike and a rough coat and thats all most are way to big .

Much more Mush, conviction, good strong feet. Id admit some are way too big, mine is 27tts at 7months.

do you mean determination or drive? don't agree about the feet as I've seen them run on bad rough ground and they can not take it, and end the day on three legs.

Really?? Never seen that in a deerhound X. I've seen them run on the hardest of grounds, i.e plough onto stubble back onto plough. No smashed toes, feet are solid. The deerhound X's and Saluki X's hard to beat on ground like that, and they still are.

I took a member out on here, and he wont mind me saying this, his bull X was put back in the kennel during a lamping session as to its feet were shagged.

They want more and more Mush, yes thats determination, or is it luck?

wouldn't call plough an stubble hard ground to run on.

Mush that was a quick example.

At the end of the day i can see what deerhound blood has added to the mix and im happy, like im sure many other deerhound owners are too.

Atb.

:victory:

Guest total lamper

ive had 1 or 2 deerhound x's n they hav never let me dwn a crnt say nwt bout the 80s breeding ov thm cos am onli 19 buh the 1s ive had av been gd strong dogs buh kud do wit maturein tht bit sooner buh dnt get me rong al neva rule the derrhound x out they can mek excellent dogs