I know they say you shouldn't speak ill of the dead but I reckon Plummer being a controversial recluse/loner he'd probably get a tickle from knowing people are still talking about him even now, be it in a good or bad light :yes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard once that he helped D.harcombe out on a couple of occasions .once when he splitt up with his wife and was very down and once when david had a fire in his home and brian lent him money to get back on his feet and rebuild his house ,this is what i heard so dont qoute me on it pls ,but if its true, why all the hate as he was a descent guy to do this in my eyes. putting the dog world to one side ,

:hmm: You know what is funny......... It's mostley in the lurcher section on here or with lurcher owners in general that Plummer gets the most criticism, but HE first and formost considered himself a Terrierman........ :hmm::hmm::)

:hmm: You know what is funny......... It's mostley in the lurcher section on here or with lurcher owners in general that Plummer gets the most criticism, but HE first and formost considered himself a Terrierman........ :hmm::hmm::)

thought that myself . he must of pissed someone off along the way :whistling:

Maybe that was his downfall branching out into the world of lurcher's and its people.I can say [bANNED TEXT] he was teaching in rotherham he was never known for his lurchers but the rough haired terriers he had made quite an immpression on the digging game after other lads had them [bANNED TEXT] he left the area.

Maybe that was his downfall branching out into the world of lurcher's and its people.I can say [bANNED TEXT] he was teaching in rotherham he was never known for his lurchers but the rough haired terriers he had made quite an immpression on the digging game after other lads had them [bANNED TEXT] he left the area.

He never pulled any trees up with those dogs himself though did he Dell? Genuine lads got hold of them and worked/bred them to produce very good terriers,ironic that when he left Wales and came here he had the best terriers he ever owned and then spent 35 yrs making a bollocks of breeding "superior terriers" [his words] complete bullshitter but entertaining books.

he was the biggest fraud since Arthur Daley a puppy peddlar like Hanckcok that wrote books on hunting and other hunters ,he wrote how inadeqaute he was at hunting, so maybe he meant something to the ones simliar to him i have never met anybody hard at the game ever take a quote or something he had in his books as gospel. Most leart through there peers etc ,put it to bed the man was a fraud end of and liked to big up plummer terriers, silly merles , had them , hancocks lurchers as he was in on it , grow up men and realise he was no harold wyman ect, he was a school teacher who bred dogs messed dogs up and well end of

Chalky,. that was not aimed at you in any way ,you knew the man personaly no doubt and if you had personaly issues then that was between the both of you and no one else and defo not to be discussed on a public forum .i was only stating something i was told by a good sorce and no other names were mentioned in the conversation and was not trying to stir things up :tongue2: good luck