best dog insurance

our english bull terrier had to have an operation and couple days in the vets, and of course, were now £900 worst off, so were going to have to get insurance in case theres a next time

anyone recomend a good one/value for money etc, dos'ent need to cover hunting, as he's just a pet,

our english bull terrier had to have an operation and couple days in the vets, and of course, were now £900 worst off, so were going to have to get insurance in case theres a next time

anyone recomend a good one/value for money etc, dos'ent need to cover hunting, as he's just a pet,

What nobody on this forum has pet insurance? :wallbash:

Mines with Direct Line Stubby, they had an offer on, 12months for the price of 10.....! It was cheap enough and 'looks' pretty comprehensive.

Thankfully, ain't had the need to use it yet but if we ever do that'll be the 'proof of the pudding'.

My Stafford is with Direct Line too, judging from the vets reaction when we mentioned who we are with, they are reputable.

They were easy to deal with when we needed them last year, ( near 3 grand bill in the end).

Just trying to think of a good reason my Lurcher wasn't with them too .................. £818 bill last week! Ouch!

Guest alastair

check the policy on budget cover because some only pay cost for illness,medication for a year,others are life,some dont cover callout fees,pts,burial,and if they say they give you the value of the dog if pts then they ask for reciept of were u bought it.them insurance companies will wriggle out paying if they can.also if your dogs had treatment in the past you must disclose it and that illness may not be covered on new policy.and they will want more premium if its got past history.

cheers all, on the web as I type this, looking for the best deals on 3 dogs, just bought perry back from the vets, heres the plastic he ate, and his battle scar, not as bad as I expected, total cost £830, but would have been better with insurance of course

Image0091.jpg

Image0096.jpg

Glad to hear he's home.

Almost exactly what happened to my Stafford last year, had a chunk of small intestine removed ............... that cost Direct Line £3000 ish ............. funny how the vet always asks if the dog is insured though eh?

Guest bullterrier

good to here hes on the mend stubby remember my mates English the other year eating a wooden skewer with meat on at his barbecue party it swallowed it whole cost him a small fortune there terrible for it mate ..thumbs.gif ..john