im talking about rabbiting , yet to see a good one compared to the old whippet grews ive had and saw , whippets are for summer hunters and rossete hunters , fireside dogs ,you no that youre self mate they are jumped up to make abit money and bred with yet to see agreat allround rabbiting dog in the pure whippet , maybe wrong

whin mate you need to change your opinion about whippets. My whippets have taken fox, bush like terriers and are game as they come. This is a picture of her at 6 months old. i think if you came out with us, youd soon change your mind :doh:

thats a nise whippet mate what tts is it well built to :thumbs:

shes 19 tts mate but very strong for her size

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine will be 5 months old on the 16th. He's very fiery, not scared of anything and doesn't have problems with the cold or rain (was worried about this before I got him). He does tear easily though, of

yet to see a good working whippet ,for years, ive never had a dog cause i lke them i like a dog what does the work ,years a go we used to have rabbit comps there was a black whippet type looked near

When it came to the whippets vs whippet crosses debate, I was always on the side of the whippet crosses. However, since my brother bought a pure whippet a couple of years ago and is constantly regalin

Posted Images

I have a whippet bitch that is very similair in build to chunks dog but she is not kc.This little dog hunts alongside any of my bigger dogs and is utterly fearless on any quarry.I grew up around whippets as my granddad bred them and I always laugh when the ususal anti-whippet sentiments are wheeled out.

These little dogs are a pleasure to own and work,and the tedious droning of the whippet haters is really there loss.

I keep dogs for the pleasure of seeing them work not to fill any pots,my work pays for that and seeing these little warriors in full flight takes some beating.

I have a whippet bitch that is very similair in build to chunks dog but she is not kc.This little dog hunts alongside any of my bigger dogs and is utterly fearless on any quarry.I grew up around whippets as my granddad bred them and I always laugh when the ususal anti-whippet sentiments are wheeled out.

These little dogs are a pleasure to own and work,and the tedious droning of the whippet haters is really there loss.

I keep dogs for the pleasure of seeing them work not to fill any pots,my work pays for that and seeing these little warriors in full flight takes some beating.

well said mate ;););)

well i'm very happy with mine.

Dogs54.jpg

Dogs56.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

I have also seen some really soft whippets but its the owner being soft with it because they think it can't take the cold or wet, I never let mine get away with being a p**sy and now he just gets on with it. Its always the owner.

Turkish

well i'm very happy with mine.

Dogs54.jpg

Dogs56.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

I have also seen some really soft whippets but its the owner being soft with it because they think it can't take the cold or wet, I never let mine get away with being a p**sy and now he just gets on with it. Its always the owner.

Turkish

yes turkish i agree mate people also say whippets are too small but does the dog no its only 19 inch its whats in the heart and these little dogs have got big ones

Mine will be 5 months old on the 16th. He's very fiery, not scared of anything and doesn't have problems with the cold or rain (was worried about this before I got him). He does tear easily though, often I'll get him back from a run with the terrier to find he's got a few cuts from hedges/terrier bites.

The way he runs is VERY different to my old lurcher, he has a totally different gait and he seems to go from a standstill to top speed in a second wheras my longdog needed a few strides to get going properly (saluki/grew). He's still a youngster but I don't think he'll be as fast as my old dog though he'll be very good for rabbiting in a small field. The stamina seems great on him as well but I can't be sure until he's older and can safely be run for longer periods, I hope he'll be almost as good as my last dog though as my saluki cross was still jogging a few miles a day with me when he was 14.

He's a good dog, very attentive and eager to please. Enjoyed him so far and can't wait to get him out and about properly in a few months time :thumbs:

Edited by vanquo
  • Like 1

im talking about rabbiting , yet to see a good one compared to the old whippet grews ive had and saw , whippets are for summer hunters and rossete hunters , fireside dogs ,you no that youre self mate they are jumped up to make abit money and bred with yet to see agreat allround rabbiting dog in the pure whippet , maybe wrong

mines useless by i know alot that arent

18"tts hasnt read the rule book

sonnyvul001.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

sonnymooch079.jpg

16" tts often goes to ground if you arent carefull

wintertoday266.jpg

lillyfox003.jpg

not a single spot of Mike Brown stuff in them

VERY TRUE MATE THEY HAVE SOME HEART AND DETERMINATION ITS UNREAL THE THINGS THEY WILL DO AND ITS A JOY 2 WATCH THESE LITTLE DOGS WORK THERE HEART OUT FOR YOU.NICE WHIPPETS 2 MATE.

18"tts hasnt read the rule book

sonnyvul001.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

sonnymooch079.jpg

16" tts often goes to ground if you arent carefull

wintertoday266.jpg

lillyfox003.jpg

not a single spot of Mike Brown stuff in them

what the breeding mate if you don;t mind me asking

yet to see a good working whippet ,for years, ive never had a dog cause i lke them i like a dog what does the work ,years a go we used to have rabbit comps there was a black whippet type looked near enough pure he was a tough little dog ,she was in the feild trails but sufford in hard weather ,

• Like 1

Miners and steel workers kept them for sport and more to put a rabbit on the table imho a good one takes some beating for mouching about after a rabbit for the pot.