do or dont?

working digging dogs on bunnies good or bad,some lads think it will make them stay to bunnies and others think it helps improve there finding skills by using there nose...what do you lads do i personally let them work cover and pick it up for themselves and havent had any problems yet

i dont think it is a good idea to let ya digging dogs mark to rabbits as you could be out with a keeper dogs giving a positive mark let them in hear them baying away keeper looking on expecting a result then you dig and there you have mr rabbit in a stop end not a good impresion imo atb willum but im sure othrees will have there own view.

I used to have a Border about 10 years ago that hunted rabbits at 1st it was ok but after a while she started to chase them for f##kin miles across fields one day it was gone for 3 hrs that was it could'nt stop it after that the dog had to go

working digging dogs on bunnies good or bad,some lads think it will make them stay to bunnies and others think it helps improve there finding skills by using there nose...what do you lads do i personally let them work cover and pick it up for themselves and havent had any problems yet

I persanly think diggin dogs are best kept away from bunnies

i dont hunt rabbits but if pups hunt rabbits when they being walked it doesn't bother me,i keep digging dogs a lot of years now and when they start on proper game they don't bother with rabbits much and would never mark them,just my experience maybe different for other lads.

i keep mine well away from rabbits for various reasons,i have no interest in letting a terrier go to ground on a rabbit when a ferret can do the job alot better,i dont fancy digging deep holes for a rabbit,i wont let a terrier delibratly go tight and put itself at risk over a rabbit,i dont fancy getting a call out of a gamekeeper with a problem fox breaking into pens to try the terrier at setts have the dog go to ground only to find i dig to a rabbit,and why the hell would anyone want to let a terrier go to ground on a rabbit to sit on top for hours while it digs on in tight tubes to a rabbit in the first place its beyond me why some folk actualy encourage it seems crazy to me but each to there own

regards hedz

p.s. rabbiting is boring as sin anyway

MINE CHASE THEM BUT HEARTS NOT IN IT I DO KEEP AN EYE ON EACH ONE AND IF I THINK THEY ARE GETTING TOO KEEN I WARE THEM OFF IF TOO GROUND I KNOW WHAT MY SEASONED TERRIERS WOULD GO TOO AND THEY HAVE BIG TEETH NO LADS NOT BUNNIES HAVE DUG TOO 1 OR 2 REALLY DECENT DOGS THAT ON OCCASION HAVE RABBITED BUT TOUCH WOOD AINT HAPPENED TO ME FAMOUS LAST WORDS REGARDS DABBER

from my experience, if there are both rabbit and fox in the same earth an experienced dog will go to the fox a young dog may take the easier opption. After a few outings though mr foxy creates more of a threat. They will soon change. That is how ever your dogs a pumper.

I dont see anything wrong with a pup hunting up a few rabbits, when they come of age for earthwork i keep them off it n they tend to not bother with them much anymore..

Im not sayin its the right or wrong thing to do but its what i do as id prefer have my dogs walkin land at a young age n id prefer them doin something n workin their brains then lyin in kennels waitin to come of age..

..... Pa

I dont see anything wrong with a pup hunting up a few rabbits, when they come of age for earthwork i keep them off it n they tend to not bother with them much anymore..

Im not sayin its the right or wrong thing to do but its what i do as id prefer have my dogs walkin land at a young age n id prefer them doin something n workin their brains then lyin in kennels waitin to come of age..

..... Pa

these are my thoughts exactly, :thumbs: