deerhound x

i think davy is asking who had the best coursing dogs before the saluki crosses came so prominent in the coursing feild .when the deerhound cross was the prominent cross for coursing back in the 60s and early 70s

• Like 1

best scottish deerhounds ive heard of were ardiglas an old mate had one imported he cat deer coyotes and put a show on ahare this is 30 years ago plus, so i cant say for crosses ive saw deerhound collie crosses taking 3 hares in aday several times in the early to mid eighties , but never saw anything since of that stamp

cheers for pointing that out boyo and yes chartpolski and he is looking good rest him now just had his dew claws removed .but the thing i was after was my old man had a couple of good deer x in the early 80s his mate ray web had litter sister to them another good bitch by all accounts but both ray and old man said the sire to them was an awesom dog .owned by a ray ware in hayling island took all big game single handed . and it cant just be bill dox or dave platt out there who has one cos i have one in the making lol :whistling:

davey if you ever read gazehounds and coursing got alot about deerhound types , we had them in scotland until we got blinded by lies and nonsense then all these merle dogs came along none were realy good hare dogs ,some were terible then the saluk came along ,but the scottish deerhound had its day good ole dogs , but yet to see one thats very good for years

Re Ardkinglas deerhounds, it used to be the case that you could use another breed in the "mix" and after 4 generations of breeding back to KC registered dogs the out bred dogs could be kc registered. The founder of the Ardkinglas line, Anastasia Noble used a black greyhound. Probably the reason why they were so well regarded for coursing :thumbs:

Re Ardkinglas deerhounds, it used to be the case that you could use another breed in the "mix" and after 4 generations of breeding back to KC registered dogs the out bred dogs could be kc registered. The founder of the Ardkinglas line, Anastasia Noble used a black greyhound. Probably the reason why they were so well regarded for coursing :thumbs:

Irish croud seem to have the pick at the moment all from similar lines a lot of good 1st crosses also putting it up to the saluki cross this side of the water different style of running

best bitch i have seen run this side of the water 1st cross Deer X Grey deerhound sire doxhope rockenhart lines dam top bred coursing greyhound incredible bitch

I have bred & run deerhounds for a long time here and across the water great dog with the right breeding and handling