our end of season

Guest boysfaetheblackstuff

Guest dee mac

im not telling you what to do mushray you can say what you want im just answering the question you asked. the reason you dont hear of lads talking about culling is because there s no point most lads do what has to be done and concentrate on the one s that are showing promise . ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

21 digs is not much of a season, thats less than a dig a week, plenty of lads getting that many digs per month

WELL LADS AFTER WHAT WAS ONE OF THE TESTED DIGS OF THE SEASON FOR ME AND PEOPLE FROM THE SITE TODAY NO PICS SORRY ,! AND OUR YOUNG DOGS TODAY ABSOULTLY DONE WELL .IT AL ENDED OUT ON WHAT WAS A GOO

i know that mate but you can only do what you can do, it was not for the lack of trying i can assure you that bud, last season i think we done 37 . and this year were all the same earths permission et

i count every dig im on.all our dogs are bred the same and we hunt together every week so why not count them all? 48 digs to my own 5 dogs

Not trying to put you or your dogs down Dev, but that works out at roughly 10 digs per dog all season which isn't a lot in fairness, wouldn't you rather have 2 dogs with 20 odd digs a piece?

i count every dig im on.all our dogs are bred the same and we hunt together every week so why not count them all? 48 digs to my own 5 dogs

Not trying to put you or your dogs down Dev, but that works out at roughly 10 digs per dog all season which isn't a lot in fairness, wouldn't you rather have 2 dogs with 20 odd digs a piece?

Young dogs that would be mate

Guest dee mac

yea i know what your saying and i agree 100% mushray and that should always be talked about when planning a litter but i thought you meant no talk of it from lads on the net think we ve got our wires crossed

3 of them only started this season, one pup had 3 digs towards the end of season, 2 other pups had 7 digs each, my bitch had 12 digs as she missed the first part of the season due to pups.and my dog had 19 digs.

dogs are easily lost rabbit hunter as im sure you know,if i had only 2 with 20 odd digs each then i would now be down to a single terrier as i lost my dog after his last dig. it suits me much better to spread the work between a decent number of dogs.

3 of them only started this season, one pup had 3 digs towards the end of season, 2 other pups had 7 digs each, my bitch had 12 digs as she missed the first part of the season due to pups.and my dog had 19 digs.

dogs are easily lost rabbit hunter as im sure you know,if i had only 2 with 20 odd digs each then i would now be down to a single terrier as i lost my dog after his last dig. it suits me much better to spread the work between a decent number of dogs.

well in bud keep at it bd

Guest dee mac

very true better looking at them than for them a month is a long time in this game a few years back we lost 4 dogs inside a month it was a hard lesson learned as you know yourself dev so better bringing the young one s on each year. id rather dig young dogs knowing i had old reliable s back at home than only keep a couple of dogs then your not going to be left with nothing if bad luck does rear its ugly head
Guest dee mac

I had over 20 digs with a single bitch this season Dee Mac :gunsmilie:

i know that and im glad to hear it hopefully you get another 20 digs over her next year i take it you ll not be leaving her back up to us :laugh::laugh:
Guest boysfaetheblackstuff
:thumbs::thumbs: dev that is good going mate well done but over here the terrier game is getting harder and i think 20 odd digs for a bad season is pretty good going in scotland ask anyone you know here and theyl tell you how tight its getting . :thumbs:

Fair do's Dev, and cheers for the reply, yes I do know how easily dogs can be lost mate...thumbs.gif