pics of ferrets that came to the rescue

Bathgate ferret rescue

Just thought i post some pics of some of the worse case ferrets that have came into the rescue when i remember to take pics.

PICT0104-1.jpg

Ferret very under weight but made full recovery

Gizzy039.jpg

Ferret had over 100 ticks removed and had two treatments of frontline to kill the rest , able to be put up for new home 3 weeks after pic was taken.

Gizzy003-1.jpg

Bite wound that became infected due to entire hobs being left together during breading season made full recovery but was slow.

• Like 1

aww poor things were are you based i would like 2 rescue ferrets my self i have my own and would love more

Im in west lothian in scotland mate been doing ferret rescue for 6 yrs now, and it can be hard work during the summer months.

And there was me worrying when my ferret had 7 ticks on him!! Only one left on him now and that should drop off today as he has just been sprayed this morning. I hate mine having ticks. Makes me feel bad on them as they must hurt!!

ATB Mike

i got pissed up one summer and fell asleep in a field where there were deer pasing through had one on my back for over a week a tik, i was in the shower thought i had a tumor or something looked in the mirror and saw the little legs going made me sick , went the doctors ,dont sleep rough in fields or drink anymore for that matter and have not had one since, but ye makes you sick them pics very easily done with these people out of sight out of mind down the garden, i pride my self on myne being in tip top i have unwanted ferrets they never looked that bad but they look totaly diferent ferrets now ,

Bloody horrible what folk can do eh!!

You`r just along the road from me mate. I`ve taken in a few ferrets in desperate states.

Usually folk that get them as a pet and are then too scared to go near them. :thumbdown:

Well done getting that lot better tho.

Those pics make you realise that some people are worse than vermin.

If I kept any animal in that condition I'd deserve all I got.

But I guess the people who treat animals in this way get away with it....shame!

On a positive note:

I currently have five ferts & work them all :victory:

The local rescue centre have been looking to re-home two ferrets for a while.

Friends & family keep ringing knowing that I love the little guys.....anyway last weekend I weakened.....they arrive this Thursday at 2pm! :clapper:

However the new ferts are pets for my lad :thumbs:

He keeps reminding me..."You're not working them Dad"! :whistling:

All i can say is the people who treat any animal like this are cold heartless cowards who can sit and watch a defenceless

caged animal suffer like this ITS MAKES ME SICK thank god for the rescue centres all round the country they deserve a lot of credit