Struggling with this bird id

can anyone help me identify this bird ... i have looked in books & online & i cant find anything it looks like ...i am assuming its some kind of hybrid ?

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0286-3.jpg

• Like 1

FOUND THIS THERE CHINEASE GEESE

My link

i just had a look myself & i was wondering if its a chinese goose hybrid ... another first for me anyway

thanks for the link

its 100% a chinese crested goose.... :victory:

These are a domestic goose then not wild ?

http://www.domestic-waterfowl.co.uk/chinese.htm

The Chinese Goose is a breed descended from the wild Swan Goose. hence their name Anser Cygnoides. Historic names include "Hong Kong ,Knob Fronted, Chinese Swan Goose and Spanish Geese" see Tegetmeir where both colours are described in detail. Chinese geese differ from the wild birds in much larger size (up to 5-10 kg in males, 4-9 kg in females), and in having an often strongly developed basal knob on the upper side of the bill. The knob at the top of the beak is more prominent on males than females. By 6–8 weeks of age, the knob is already pronounced enough that it can be used for sexing. Chinese geese are a close cousin of the African goose, a heavier breed also descended from the Swan Goose they also differ from other breeds having more neck vertabrae

Yes they are 100% domestic. However, over the years many have been dumped into the local lakes when they have lost their novelty or outgrown their pens etc.

Actually they are a lovely looking bird........

Happy Snapping......JD :victory:

they taste great, the have more breast meat than other breeds and are ideal for crossing for killing to eat.plus they lay more eggs than other breeds of goose.had a gander live till it was 17 till charlie had it for xmas.