breeding ferrets

would just like to no why so many people are breeding there ferrets on here when the dont really no how to look after the ferrets they have and some dont even no what they have jills or hobs :wallbash: this wrecks me i think most people who have never breed ferrets before are just doing it for the sake of it :thumbdown: and think there gona make money out of it which let me tell you wont fact :thumbs:the only time il breed mine is to keep some back for myself or for family and friends think a lot of people just starting out with ferrets should do alot of research on them before they even think of having a litter :thumbs: atb theferreter

• Like 1

Well said! notworthy.gif

I bred a litter for myself a few years back, kept half of them an rehomed the rest no problem. Someone else on the estate bred a litter, I had to take 4 kits on out of it in the end and had to dispatch them. Poor fecking things were fed that infrequently before I got them they were extremely violent when any food was put in with them. After a few weeks of feeding up properly, they just became worse as they got stronger, the bites got harder until I couldn't take any more of it. I had my own bunch to look after, and had neither the time or effort to try to tame these beasts so there was only one outcome in the end. It broke my heart having to do what I did, so after I'd done the first one, I went and fetched the lad who bred them and made him watch as I despatched the remaining 3. He had tears in his eyes leaving my place, I don't think he'd breed ferrets again any time soon..

Well said! notworthy.gif

I bred a litter for myself a few years back, kept half of them an rehomed the rest no problem. Someone else on the estate bred a litter, I had to take 4 kits on out of it in the end and had to dispatch them. Poor fecking things were fed that infrequently before I got them they were extremely violent when any food was put in with them. After a few weeks of feeding up properly, they just became worse as they got stronger, the bites got harder until I couldn't take any more of it. I had my own bunch to look after, and had neither the time or effort to try to tame these beasts so there was only one outcome in the end. It broke my heart having to do what I did, so after I'd done the first one, I went and fetched the lad who bred them and made him watch as I despatched the remaining 3. He had tears in his eyes leaving my place, I don't think he'd breed ferrets again any time soon..

thats a shame mate having to put them down all because some edgit diceded to breed his ferret im glad you made him watch hopefully it puts him off breeding again :thumbs:

Seems a considerable number of people breed ferrets 'because they can'.

Must lose a helluva lot of the little buggers the amount of breeding that goes on..... :hmm:

yea mate i would say a lot of young kits are disposed of because the cant rehome them most of the younger members that are thinking of breeding there jills some of there posts ive read are getting there jills from rescue and breeding it they dont no were the ferrets came from more and likely there not working ferrets so why breed for a none worker and people wonder why they cant rehome there kits :wallbash:

would just like to no why so many people are breeding there ferrets on here when the dont really no how to look after the ferrets they have and some dont even no what they have jills or hobs :wallbash: this wrecks me i think most people who have never breed ferrets before are just doing it for the sake of it :thumbdown: and think there gona make money out of it which let me tell you wont fact :thumbs:the only time il breed mine is to keep some back for myself or for family and friends think a lot of people just starting out with ferrets should do alot of research on them before they even think of having a litter :thumbs: atb theferreter

i must say theres been some stuff put up on the forum of late thats mademe just turn off my computer , your right to a point , but some will say this some will say that , some will say why are you breeding when theres so many unwanted come the end of summer see what i mean, i will be breeding this summer to date i have 13 booked and there not even here yet , i will be keepng what i want a fellow ferreter is having a couple and another ferreter wants one to date,those going to pet homes have been told my reasons for breeding and will be geting at working ferret price , so they can afford if they wish as many do to get them nueterd , and advise and ferret knowlidge is on hand any time they like . :thumbs:

i must say theres been some stuff put up on the forum of late thats mademe just turn off my computer , your right to a point , but some will say this some will say that , some will say why are you breeding when theres so many unwanted come the end of summer see what i mean, i will be breeding this summer to date i have 13 booked and there not even here yet , i will be keepng what i want a fellow ferreter is having a couple and another ferreter wants one to date,those going to pet homes have been told my reasons for breeding and will be geting at working ferret price , so they can afford if they wish as many do to get them nueterd , and advise and ferret knowlidge is on hand any time they like . :thumbs:

and your one of them there you are talking about money all ready :whistling:

and your one of them there you are talking about money all ready :whistling:

dont see what you meen as i work for a living as a self employed gardener and plenty a week so why would i breed ferrets for money if five pounds is alot of money to you i think you are wrong them pet ferret breeders sell um for stupid money especially sivers didnt say i was breeding that many just said how many peole wanted for sure . :boogie:and the ones going to working homes are going for free , thats what mates do :thumbs:

Edited by Jamie m

Well said! notworthy.gif

SHAME FOR THE FERRETS MATE, BUT AT LEAST YOU TRYED WITH THEM, I HAVE JUST DONE THE SAME THING, I AM CLAD YOU GOT THE LAD TO WATCH WHAT YOU HAD TO DO TO THEM POOR FERRETS :no: THAT WAY HE WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE HE BREEDS AGAIN, WHAT A SHAME AND WHAT A WASTE, WELL DONE FOR TRYING BUD THO :thumbs:

:clapper: Or to lazy to find a v hob or to tight to get a jill jab simple as that.

i will be breeding for the first time this year, i was going to buy a couple but after having talked to the lads i have got homes for 8 of them. i will make sure i have homes for 14 to be on the safe side before i breed. so if any de3cent lads round the doncaster area want theres names putting to any then just drop me a pm :thumbs:

i think ganging together is the way to go this year regarding breeding..

get a few of your ferreting mates together who would plan to breed... select a good pair between the group of you and divy up the kits ... make sure you have homes lined up for any extras before putting the jill to the hob ...