breeding ferrets

i think ganging together is the way to go this year regarding breeding..

get a few of your ferreting mates together who would plan to breed... select a good pair between the group of you and divy up the kits ... make sure you have homes lined up for any extras before putting the jill to the hob ...

Good idea :notworthy:

would just like to no why so many people are breeding there ferrets on here when the dont really no how to look after the ferrets they have and some dont even no what they have jills or hobs :wallbash: this wrecks me i think most people who have never breed ferrets before are just doing it for the sake of it :thumbdown: and think there gona make money out of it which let me tell you wont fact :thumbs:the only time il breed mine is to keep some back for myself or for family and friends think a lot of people just starting out with ferrets should do alot of research on them before they even think of having a litter :thumbs: atb theferreter

:clapper: Or to lazy to find a v hob or to tight to get a jill jab simple as that.

il go along with that mate :thumbs:

get a few of your ferreting mates together who would plan to breed... select a good pair between the group of you and divy up the kits ... make sure you have homes lined up for any extras before putting the jill to the hob ...

thats not a bad idea :good:

Good idea.

Then you don't need to punt them out on here :clapper:

would just like to no why so many people are breeding there ferrets on here when the dont really no how to look after the ferrets they have and some dont even no what they have jills or hobs :wallbash: this wrecks me i think most people who have never breed ferrets before are just doing it for the sake of it :thumbdown: and think there gona make money out of it which let me tell you wont fact :thumbs:the only time il breed mine is to keep some back for myself or for family and friends think a lot of people just starting out with ferrets should do alot of research on them before they even think of having a litter :thumbs: atb theferreter

Well said that, all mine were nutered back when they were kits and i will probably kepp it this way as long as i kepp ferrets, theres no need to breed them to many end up in sancuaries and rescue homes for example when i went down to the rspca centre in newport to look for just one jill there were so many there i just couldent leave without getting a pair the rspca were so desperate to get them rehomed they lowered the price form £60 for the pair down to £40.

Richard

i will be breeding for the first time this year, i was going to buy a couple but after having talked to the lads i have got homes for 8 of them. i will make sure i have homes for 14 to be on the safe side before i breed. so if any de3cent lads round the doncaster area want theres names putting to any then just drop me a pm :thumbs:

jenksi87 i am in doncaster and are lass little sister is wonting a ferret as a pet and she asked me to breed but i just ant got the time with selling them so if you are willing to sell to a non working home could you let me no saves me a job later on

thanks farmer

I spend a lot of my free time during the summer going around the game fairs in scotland trying to educate folk on breeding, but this is to no avail as already said the folk who just got there first ferret wants to breed from it,now lets be honest we all been there and done the same but there has to be limitson the breeding, too often i get a phone call to the rescue centre asking me to take in kits that they have bred and cant find home for. lets face the facts all the jills come into season about the same time so with the pregnancy being 42 days and then if you are a good breeder wont try to rehome untill the 10 to 12 weeks of age you have a problem as the local papers like ad trader are full of unwanted ferrets, and alot going for free. while this is the case people will never hold ferrets to a hig reguard and if out with them they will say stuff waiting on it it only cost £5 will just get a new one. now what i wonder is that if they were higher priced would people leave them prob not but i know if they go up in price so would the breeding as some folk thinnk they will cash in on it so in my eyes it is a no win situation. any rescues i get in i charge a donation of £10 per ferret reguardless of colour or if neutered, but i now have a ferret that a girl drove to durum and paid £200 for just to get an angora ferret, and i dooubt it be long till this is the next thing to happen breedig angoras, as some will py £40 to £50 for a silver