what this fish ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the carp lovers...

This is at Lake Cargellico in Australia when the lake dried up during the recent (and regular) drought. Carp (European Carp or euros here) are a bloody curse in Oz.

pic06467.jpg

pic20244.jpg

The fish in the first pix on the thread is in Oz as well. It's another introduction but at least it's good eating. We call them redfin and I have seen them to 6lb.

By law, you have to kill every euro or redfin you hook. None can be returned to the water.

Cheers.

For all the carp lovers...

This is at Lake Cargellico in Australia when the lake dried up during the recent (and regular) drought. Carp (European Carp or euros here) are a bloody curse in Oz.

pic06467.jpg

pic20244.jpg

The fish in the first pix on the thread is in Oz as well. It's another introduction but at least it's good eating. We call them redfin and I have seen them to 6lb.

By law, you have to kill every euro or redfin you hook. None can be returned to the water.

Cheers.

man oh man thats a terrible waste of life ,what a loss :(

Clint without soundy funny bud you do sound like your not from these shores and all most of us would ask is after you've caught it put it back,to many fish of all sorts being taken out of british waters by feckwit fishermen from over seas.

Hello fireman, i respect all wildlife /fish & so no take many. I like to feed & see.

do you eat carp clint? i hear some waters stocks are going down fast

The water i get fish, belon to farmer geof, he say i can take. i only take thirsday for farmer geof wife ,she like to cook for geof dinner on friday. I get trout & eel. no carp , this is scally fish, no good to me, very heave also to bring on line.

Regards to you.

I ask many local farmer today at market what this fish, becas you all say no this big 70cm. next hous to us ,farmer say, this zander fish. Is this correct name, or he joke also? I get this pic from him.

post-46973-126894435887_thumb.jpg

Edited by clint