what this fish ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with out a doubt def perch fantastic little preditors good sport on light line but very greedy will take anything from bred to other fish and anything in between if it can fit in its mouth it will eat it. i suggest get ya self a fishing rod set up and have a go in ya spare time.atb wilum :thumbs:

Do this fish, bite man also ? it strong ?

Aye pal, a friend of mine was eaten down to the bones after falling into a shoal of them in a quarry once. :icon_eek: A few tins of fosters later he was right as rain! :D

Yes when i finish with lamb, & feed animal, i have more time & wife nardia, say buy me nice fish set from aldi. I look forward to, maybe som you come here , i see many fish. Thank you.

maltenby , you funny fello. foster is beer ,yes :laugh:

Edited by clint

with out a doubt def perch fantastic little preditors good sport on light line but very greedy will take anything from bred to other fish and anything in between if it can fit in its mouth it will eat it. i suggest get ya self a fishing rod set up and have a go in ya spare time.atb wilum :thumbs:

Little!!! Have you ever seen a 5lb perch! it is by far the biggest fish put into scale, and a 3lb + perch is much bigger than a 30lb pike!!

And as for greedy, yes small perch are, and yes they eat most thing... You go and fool fish of 3lb plus every week then if they are that easy, lol... alright a 2lber is like a 20lb pike burt once there knowledge has wisened up and they mature, a 3lb plus perch becomes more like tracking a 35lb plus pike....

And clint i surgest you catch that perch and wedge it nicely bewteen Nardias thighs, she said she was looking for a few bigger pricks.... :victory:

oh one or two things to watch out for aswell as not been mentioned mind when and where you hold them as the gill plates are like a razor blade will give a nasty cut if yuo get them in the wrong place and the fish struggles also watch out for the spines on top of the fish these are like hyperdermic needles and can give you a sting like a be from the front 2 spines so when you handle them make sure you fold these flat before grabbing hold of it . trust me these can be very irritating learnt the hard way when was young. atb willum

never ment the phrase little in small words mate ment little as a figure of speach have caught many a perch from the tiddlers up to the 4 and half lb mark mate we have some cracking waters around east anglia for perch pike and chub and i have been fortunate to fish all of them at some point in my life yis willum,.

lol, very good. so have i... i would like to see the pic of the 4lb plus perch please... Big perch have always interested me...and i have done many slide shows and public speaking at angling conventions about the perch. I studied them for about 10yrs, in 15ft by 4ft tanks... very interesting... It culminated in me winning the perchfisher of the year award in great britain...in 1992..