plumbers bushing

right lads have been thinking of getting a new bushing terrier 2 add 2 the team and i really like the look of the plumber so this 1 goes 2 all the plumber oweners on here.will they hunt any cover from tight ditches 2 big breaks how good is there nose do they like 2 sound on a sent r only when they can see there quarry.are they steady when hunting ditches i hate a terrier thats a hundread yards ahead when your hunting dykes and ditches.how do you rate them lets be honest now lads.

Plumbers are cracking bushing dogs mate! They will they hunt cover no problem, they have beagle blood in them so their nose is good, mines never made much sound when hese on target. Mines steady enough, hese keen but he dont go to far. il get a pic of him crashing into a bush after a rabbit in a bit.

cheers mate pics would be nice.come on lads any more info i was after a cocker/russell but cant find any litter allways kiked the plumber never worked with 1 thou.

right lads have been thinking of getting a new bushing terrier 2 add 2 the team and i really like the look of the plumber so this 1 goes 2 all the plumber oweners on here.will they hunt any cover from tight ditches 2 big breaks how good is there nose do they like 2 sound on a sent r only when they can see there quarry.are they steady when hunting ditches i hate a terrier thats a hundread yards ahead when your hunting dykes and ditches.how do you rate them lets be honest now lads.

They excel at bushing and bay like hounds on a line.You wont find a better nose on a terrier,and not too many equal.

Put the training in and they are very biddable-quite a few work as gundogs.

All in all they are versatile dogs.

Contrary to some "experts", they also work to ground.

Get one-you wont be disappointed.

I've got a plummer dog nearly 7yrs of age and is used everday for bushing,he's a bit smaller than most of the pickies you've probably seen of them but has massive preydrive,he will work in the thickest of cover and always finds whatever is there,he is mute on rabbits most of the time,which I don't particularly like,but he does catch quite a few,he is strong on rats, but doesn't like to share anything he kills or catches,the only thing he barks steadilly on is fox,above or below,he is very methodical when working cover so never seems to miss much,I put him over a jrt and bred some cracking pups that hunt just as hard as him but are devils for fighting,they'll fight each other at the drop of a hat if one catches something,they don't do shareing very well,but they are demons on fox in cover (accidental of course)and will hold one on their own till I arrive to despatch it,atb,wirralman

I've got a plummer dog nearly 7yrs of age and is used everday for bushing,he's a bit smaller than most of the pickies you've probably seen of them but has massive preydrive,he will work in the thickest of cover and always finds whatever is there,he is mute on rabbits most of the time,which I don't particularly like,but he does catch quite a few,he is strong on rats, but doesn't like to share anything he kills or catches,the only thing he barks steadilly on is fox,above or below,he is very methodical when working cover so never seems to miss much,I put him over a jrt and bred some cracking pups that hunt just as hard as him but are devils for fighting,they'll fight each other at the drop of a hat if one catches something,they don't do shareing very well,but they are demons on fox in cover (accidental of course)and will hold one on their own till I arrive to despatch it,atb,wirralman

Hows your dog bred?

Have you got any photos of him?

And How tall is he (with you mentioning him being small)?

Edited by Danny123