KC LAKIES DONT WORK TRUE OR FALSE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done mate i had all this with kc borders then proved a good few people wrong and they were there all the time until dug to.i like the look of the kc lakies to so i hope it goes well for you you and my oppinion is the same as yours,its the up bring you give them atb.and can you put some pics up mate cheers

i'm no authority on lakies but most "regionaly bred terrier" are a mix out of all manner of things(english brown terriers etc etc). i'm sure someone will know the rough make up though.

the question is when did they start calling them lakeland,fell etc?

in my oppinion the biggest problem with KC dogs is, if y find a good worker which is not from line of tested workers, you probably wont produce a workers. i saw couple of fox terriers, great results from shows, solid workers but they never produce workers. i hope your lakies ll do the grade than you can breed them and after another 3-4 years y ll see if they can produce. another problem here in continent is that 99 percent of KC dogs are too big for earth work.

thanks for opinions lads greatly appreciated .will put pics up of them to let you lot see them .will lets you lot no how they get on.how was the origonal working lakeland bred ???? answer me that.

why do you stil think working lakies were bread out of kc stuf ,thay were workers first then people started showing them . :wallbash:

one fox each means nothing mate, i wouldnt get too excited and start blowing about your hard kc workers just yet.they might work out fine for you and i hope they do but there is a good chance they will soon get sick of it.worker to worker is the only way to give yourself the best chance of getting something decent

one fox each means nothing mate, i wouldnt get too excited and start blowing about your hard kc workers just yet.they might work out fine for you and i hope they do but there is a good chance they will soon get sick of it.worker to worker is the only way to give yourself the best chance of getting something decent

Very true that first part :thumbs: but equally has a worker to worker bred dog ever failed to live up to expectation?

Y.I.S Leeview

Very true that first part :thumbs: but equally has a worker to worker bred dog ever failed to live up to expectation?

Y.I.S Leeview

of course

i'm new to the terrier game & this website, see alot of this breeding questions being discussed. as a breeder and trainer of working collies wouldn't even discuss this for a collie its working strain or nothing wouldn't even think of breeding or working a show border collie. why all these discussions around terriers? is it because mainly a pass time??

HI GUYS AM SERIOUS HERE IVE HAD LURCHERS FOR YEARS STOPED THEM AND GOT IN TO TERRIERS I BOUGHT 2 KC DOGS OUT OF THE BEST BREEDING AVAILABLE MY MATE GAVE ME A CHALLENGE HE SAID A KC DOG WONT GO DOWN A HOLE A SAID ITS THE WAY YOU BRING THEM UP .ANYWAY IVE TOOK IT EASY WITH THEM MY DOG LAKIE IS A GREAT MARKER ITS LIKE A BEAGLEITS SERIOUS .ITS HAD A RAG AT A FOX ECT OTHER DAY I TOOK HIM OUT FIRST HOLE STRAIGHT IN BANG IN TO A FOX AL TELL YOUSE SOMETHING HES A HARD BIT OF STUFF .THE BITCH I DIDNT HURRY ASWELL BITCH IS 16 MONTHS KC ASWELL STRAIGHT IN NO PROBS .SO IT JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU KC DOGS DO WORK AS I SAID .ALL IN THE UP BRINGING BOYS I ASSURE YOU. WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS GUYS 1 GUY SAID THERE NOT AS HARD AS THE WORKERS ???? TRUST ME THERE HARDY BUGGERS THEY WOULD FIGHT TO THE DEATH 100%.SO WHARE THEY GET THIS FROM A DONT NO .

why did you get kennel club dogs mate could you not find a pup out of workers or are you lookin to breed them,And how do you no the dogs a great marker if this is the first youve had it out.alot of dogs start hard its not all about being hard you cant be 100% about anything at that age .How long did it take you to dig to the dog .How many digs has your bitch had.and how did you bring them up if thats the key mate. :thumbs:;)

Edited by MUTS NUTS