Out with terriers today

Hello all

Got a phone call off a mate of mine who shoots on a chicken farm local to me inviting me out with rifle on monday gone, went out and we got 2 foxes but we saw another 3 which were lamp shy, so arranged a look out today with the terriers, got there about 8 checked a few spots nothing it was quite warm aswell by then so wasnt really expecting to hit on, then we got a mark on a 2 holer in some winneys netted up and collared up my patterdale dog chance, he was in about 2mins then meet his quarry stood back and waited to let him settle and straight away the fox bolted into the net, a quick pic then dispatched the fox moved on and checked a few more spots nothing then my lurchers took off through a small wood and up a field by the time we got there the lurchers were nearly in the hole, single hole looked really shallow so i collared up my other patterdale flynn entered him netted up and waited about 20mins couldnt really hear anything so i started to locate the dog got a mark 2.7 on my bellman flint, so we set away digging took just over an hour sand and clay easy digging we broke through to the dog who had been working his quarry well, fox was dispatched and given to the dogs for a rag it was a big dog fox aswell so one very happy farmer 4 foxes accounted for this week, heres a few pics ATB SIMPSON10

first one the bolted fox

post-36648-126850251847_thumb.jpg

flynn with his fox

post-36648-12685025825_thumb.jpg

the dig

post-36648-126850259895_thumb.jpg

dogs having a rag

post-36648-1268502612_thumb.jpg

hole backfilled

post-36648-126850288248_thumb.jpg

some pics had to be cut down to get on but hope you enjoy cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all Got a phone call off a mate of mine who shoots on a chicken farm local to me inviting me out with rifle on monday gone, went out and we got 2 foxes but we saw another 3 which were

profesional job well done

Posted Images

Hello all

Got a phone call off a mate of mine who shoots on a chicken farm local to me inviting me out with rifle on monday gone, went out and we got 2 foxes but we saw another 3 which were lamp shy, so arranged a look out today with the terriers, got there about 8 checked a few spots nothing it was quite warm aswell by then so wasnt really expecting to hit on, then we got a mark on a 2 holer in some winneys netted up and collared up my patterdale dog chance, he was in about 2mins then meet his quarry stood back and waited to let him settle and straight away the fox bolted into the net, a quick pic then dispatched the fox moved on and checked a few more spots nothing then my lurchers took off through a small wood and up a field by the time we got there the lurchers were nearly in the hole, single hole looked really shallow so i collared up my other patterdale flynn entered him netted up and waited about 20mins couldnt really hear anything so i started to locate the dog got a mark 2.7 on my bellman flint, so we set away digging took just over an hour sand and clay easy digging we broke through to the dog who had been working his quarry well, fox was dispatched and given to the dogs for a rag it was a big dog fox aswell so one very happy farmer 4 foxes accounted for this week, heres a few pics ATB SIMPSON10

first one the bolted fox

post-36648-126850251847_thumb.jpg

flynn with his fox

post-36648-12685025825_thumb.jpg

the dig

post-36648-126850259895_thumb.jpg

dogs having a rag

post-36648-1268502612_thumb.jpg

hole backfilled

post-36648-126850288248_thumb.jpg

some pics had to be cut down to get on but hope you enjoy cheers

Good lads looks a good day that does, nice to see the dogs getting some work!