Ferreting with purse nets

I have only just started doing my ferreting due to busy game season etc. I have lost my purse nets so orderd 20 fae longnetter off the site here so i said i would put up a pic of my trips put with them to him. I bought my ferrets fae HuntingLass & jodakill off here too as i could not get ferrets in my area for love nor money. My camera packed in a bit today so only 1 pic with nets out & as you can see i was near houses so needed nets. I forgot how much fun the nets were & must say that longnetters nets are great & i lost 1 rabbit that dident bag right & i had a white stoat in the holes i was doing i finished with 26 rabbits.

DSC05887.jpg

DSC05888.jpg

DSC05890.jpg.

Did you buy your ferrets of huntinglass, or is that there name?

If you bought your ferrets of Huntinlass from norfolk, I was the one who bred them, and then gave them to her once they where too big to keep the remainder (She's got a nice big farm).

I'm amazed to see them if that's so!. Great to see them work so well (But they've got a brilliant working strain on them)

Andrew.

Edited by Haystack

Did you buy your ferrets of huntinglass, or is that there name?

If you bought your ferrets of Huntinlass from norfolk, I was the one who bred them, and then gave them to her once they where too big to keep the remainder (She's got a nice big farm).

I'm amazed to see them if that's so!. Great to see them work so well (But they've got a brilliant working strain on them)

Andrew.

Hi it was a teenager in Aberdeen area that went by the name HuntingLass i bought the ferrets from. Sure she was called Leanne.

looks like you had a good day, craking pictures, the first picture is just screaming out for a longnet around it, :D

Yeh was going to with a mate he has a 100yrd net & i aint done a longnet for 15yrs or so & would like to try again.

Nice going mate much digging ?

I have a MK1 deben finder but i aint dug a ferret in years to honest

well done mate wouldent mind living in them houses not far to travel a tall :thumbs:

I was only 2min drive fae the house or 2-5min walk & our rabbits have just come out of nowhere no theres loads every where looks like i could be busy boy. Iv had 507 for a local estate through the winter with the .22lr headshot For 900 rounds & im getting 75p a rabbit just now too.

hi, going to be cheeky and say i could do with some mate, i will pay for any charges incurred i.e p & p as i am in sunny cumbria, cheers jordy.

I have some spare nests you can have if you want - they were given to me and I don't use them. (I must have about 150 and never use them all.) Am in Farnell, nr Brechin at weekends.