depends on if your feeding them after freezing or feeding fresh, if from frozen just stick to your usual worming routine,although nobody has explained to me where the idea of the 3 week time scale to kill worms came from, i don't leave them that long and never had any bother. from fresh you'll need to worm more often but for the price of a couple of drontal tabs, i've no problem with feeding whole carcess fresh rabbit myself, though most will disagree.

depends on if your feeding them after freezing or feeding fresh, if from frozen just stick to your usual worming routine,although nobody has explained to me where the idea of the 3 week time scale to kill worms came from, i don't leave them that long and never had any bother. from fresh you'll need to worm more often but for the price of a couple of drontal tabs, i've no problem with feeding whole carcess fresh rabbit myself, though most will disagree.

yep, same here [10] days from frozen,never had any worms. :thumbs:

feeding whole is undoubtedly the "most natural" approach( all greens,calcium,protein and fat are included).

any carbs will be to the biggest part half digested(corn etc in the stomach of the rabbit).

i'm not sure where the three wek freezing comes from but i have heard it alot.a mate freezes for a week for the same reason.

as far as worming goes i would go for the 6 weeks above,changing types of wormer every now and again.

i don't feed whole but will start when the dogs a fully trained and catching for themselves( i don't want to jepardise the retrieve trainig we have going to date).

atb

mine get raw rabbit at winter when im lamping,skinned gutted and frozen for around 2 weeks, i worm them 4 times a year. never had a problem with worms from when i started worming them. when i gave them fresh they often had worms so must work.

mine get raw rabbit at winter when im lamping,skinned gutted and frozen for around 2 weeks, i worm them 4 times a year. never had a problem with worms from when i started worming them. when i gave them fresh they often had worms so must work.

i meant from when i started freezing them.lol :icon_redface:

I feed them whole and intact, mine like them best still warm! I worm every 6 weeks and have never had a problem. :thumbs:

just out of interest do you not have any " self service" meals while out lamping or "in the car accidents"? some thing thats always bothered me about feeding game. i cook the rabbit before feeding to try and avoid this. allthough mine are still pups really (10 and 5 months).

i'm sure they would get stuck in to it and love it. always been a biy carefull with it i suppose :icon_redface:

waidmann

Guest 2GOOD

I have been giving my luchers raw rabbit for a while and worm dogs out every 6 weeks but not feeding the dog on raw rabbit again from not on te rabbits will be getting cooked or put in a frezzer for 2 and half weeks till kill any thing they could have :thumbs:

every 6 weeks , :doh: your dogs intestines will never get to deal with the odd worm ,mine only get wormed if i see them in the crap ,about once every year or two .

i dont feed my 2 raw meat nothing against doing so its just a preperation i like to do

straight in the mincer then i bag them up and put in the bottom of freezer and older stock to the top then take them out and shallow fry

works for me :thumbs: