New American mole trap on the market

This is the new "Talprid Mole Trap", by Bell Labs. All plastic trap based on the design of the Easy Set Mole Eliminator. Believe their patent protection recently ran out, and there is now a Chinese made copy called the Easy Set, and now this plastic trap by Bell Labs.

I will say this new trap has a more sophisticated and more sensitive triggering mechanism than the Easy Set traps, but it's just as much of a monstrosity as the others. O professional mole catcher would have to have an extra trailer on their vehicle to carry enough of these around.

post-17486-126799517889_thumb.jpg

They were pushing them at last years Pest Tech in November........had a good look at them and they are absolute rubbish. No professional mole catcher worth his salt would use one in my opinion, and as suggested may be aimed more at the gullible general public.(the only things they are likely to catch)

Rolfe.

I think I'm out of favour with Bell after my very rude comments about this monstrosity at Pestech last year.

At around £15 each, they are not cheap either. Get ready to see dozens tossed to one side on garden jobs.............

I think I'm out of favour with Bell after my very rude comments about this monstrosity at Pestech last year.

At around £15 each, they are not cheap either. Get ready to see dozens tossed to one side on garden jobs.............

matt, you would need an elephant and forty troopers to carry a dozen of those monstrosities, the british have developed the best mole traps in the world, and we also have the best mole trappers, you would need wimpy to dig those into the ground,its most obvious that whoever devised it knows nothing about mole trapping, i could just imagine wayne, and old bob merrins having to use these.

matt, you would need an elephant and forty troopers to carry a dozen of those monstrosities, the british have developed the best mole traps in the world, and we also have the best mole trappers, you would need wimpy to dig those into the ground,its most obvious that whoever devised it knows nothing about mole trapping, i could just imagine wayne, and old bob merrins having to use these.

They are pushed ontop of the run, not dug in like a conventional trap. I certainly wont have any in my mole trap bucket thats for sure :no:

mole traps by fisher price!! :laugh:

Bell were busy telling me how you just 'push them in', but failed to explain how you get one out without digging when they have a mole in them!!

As Glenn says, we have the best trap in the world (the Duffus), and I just can't see a market for these things; especially at five times the price and weight of a decent trap that has the potential to catch two moles at a time.

Designed for the DIY market - unlikely to be of any use to professional trappers IMHO.