Chronograph

Finally got a new toy to play around with and was pretty astonished over a 10 shot cycle quite how much variation I was getting hmm.gif, there was near on 10FPS on some shots, here was one of the tests firing off 6 shots....

BISLEY MAGS 10.4 Grains

1 = 704.2

2 = 696.7fps

3 = 700.9fps

4 = 697fps

5 = 692.1fps

6 = 698.4fps

Jasper

Hi, Jasper.

That's less than 1.5% variation and that's pretty good, mate. I really wouldn't worry about that, it's good going.

Cheers.

Edit to say... If you were anal enough to weigh the pellets, you'd most likely find a bigger variation than that.....

Edited by andyfr1968

Hi, Jasper.

That's less than 1.5% variation and that's pretty good, mate. I really wouldn't worry about that, it's good going.

Cheers.

Edit to say... If you were anal enough to weigh the pellets, you'd most likely find a bigger variation than that.....

top man Andy cheers for the reply pal thumbs.gif

to be honest mate I was a bit gutted when I saw the readings and the variations but you have put my mind at rest now...

cheers

Jasp

hi ya jasp

them bisley mags are a nice pellet aint they matey i am trying the fx 177 in my tx200 and fx 22 in my prosport and wow matey they are worth a try the tx is starting to like them alot now and very consistant as well but i washed and lubed them like zini does and there is a big difference in them and the crap that comes off them is mad i did my bisley mags as well but going to try them out after this pest control course next week i hope lol keep my mindfree for the exam the following friday :thumbs:

shay

I'd be pretty pleased with those figures with unwashed/unweighed pellets.

You don't say what gun that was with but even with a regulated one, I think these figures are wholly acceptable.

Cheers

Sib

Hello Sib

The gun is a .177 Daystate Air Ranger, it shhots pretty accurate on its day with the right Pellets but its pretty heavy to be shooting freehand when after Squirrels or Woody's...

Cheers

Jasp

hi ya jasp

them bisley mags are a nice pellet aint they matey i am trying the fx 177 in my tx200 and fx 22 in my prosport and wow matey they are worth a try the tx is starting to like them alot now and very consistant as well but i washed and lubed them like zini does and there is a big difference in them and the crap that comes off them is mad i did my bisley mags as well but going to try them out after this pest control course next week i hope lol keep my mindfree for the exam the following friday thumbs.gif

shay

Nice one Shay thumbs.gif .

I'm going to definitley give them FX pellets a try mate, I have heard alot about the quality of them although I do like the bisley mags, the only problem with the Bisleys is they do seem to Lob a fair bit at decent Ranges. the other Pellet that shot well out of this gun was the Field Target Trophy but seemed a bit soft....

I accupells a try today and accounted for one bunny, I must admit they seem spot on accuracy wise but don't thud like the Mags wink.gif........

atb

Jasp

BunnyRabbit06March2010.jpg

HI Jasper

I quite like the softer pellets (if what people say about AAF's are to be believed).

Softer lead gives that little bit when the impact occures, thus transfering more kinetic energy and less chance of a through and through.

I have some BizMags in .22 (about 50 courtesy of RiffRaff) but have not tried them yet. However I did see a .177 BizMag enter a bunnies brain and carry on out the other side. Bunny then decided to give it legs before a second head shot dropped it :icon_eek:

Phantom

FX pellets are well worth the money, all though I've seen them priced anywhere from £9.99 - £15.50. Quite a difference but a bang on pellet. I was using Accupells before hand and thought they were great, but wouldn't hurry back.

I have been using AA fields in both .177 and .22 but (because they are softer) you get a lot of deformed skirts when you open the tin. When I switched to Accupell and Bisley Magnums in .177 I did not encounter this problem. :thumbs-up:

I have my AA 410 TDR zeroed for 35 metres and out to 30 yds they behave much the same. It's only when I get to 50 yds that the differences show with the Accupells dropping 2.1" and the Bizmags just over 2.5". Even so this is only the difference between 3/4 of a mildot and 1 mildot.

Cheers

Sib

I have been using AA fields in both .177 and .22 but (because they are softer) you get a lot of deformed skirts when you open the tin. When I switched to Accupell and Bisley Magnums in .177 I did not encounter this problem. :thumbs-up:

I have my AA 410 TDR zeroed for 35 metres and out to 30 yds they behave much the same. It's only when I get to 50 yds that the differences show with the Accupells dropping 2.1" and the Bizmags just over 2.5". Even so this is only the difference between 3/4 of a mildot and 1 mildot.

Cheers

Sib

Hiya Sib.

I dont reckon a deformed skirt is that big a problem on the softer pellets.

Once the pellet gets the blast of air up its arze, I reckon it must blow the skirt back out again anyway.

Ive put some deformed skirts through the 98 while plinking, and they were spot on at the target.

Make's you wonder?

Bill.