TIPS ON GETTING WOODIES

i personally enjoy sitting under a tree at roost and pick off the woodies as they land on the branches or i stalk through the woods

and try them that way .i get as much enjoyment from that as i do having a stalk at the deer like someone said each to their own

Theres actually a fair bit of skill involved with shooting woodies with an air rifle .the slightest movement and they are off

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally enjoy sitting under a tree at roost and pick off the woodies as they land on the branches or i stalk through the woods

and try them that way .i get as much enjoyment from that as i do having a stalk at the deer like someone said each to their own

Theres actually a fair bit of skill involved with shooting woodies with an air rifle .the slightest movement and they are off

:boogie::thumbs:

Heads up to people shooting pigeons in Cambridge, the pigeons seem to be heading to their sitty trees at around 3:30. It's not just the stalking that's hard. The actual shot is. As it is up in a tree at an unkown distance you can't just aim directly at it sometimes you need hold over or under and a mill or so to the side depending on wind. I will try the pen idea however. thanks

whats wrong with shooting woodies with an air rifle????

whats right with it.. not hard to shoot somthing that is sleeping in a tree is it.. or having just fed is roosting unable to fly cos its digesting its food.. not sporting and a VERY LAZY WAY TO HUNT!!!

but! less Sky pests the better..

Have you ever tryed shooting woodies with an air rifle :whistling:

Well they are both hard in there own right.

With an air rifle you have to judge it right and get to them first.

Also with a shotgun you need to judge lead and it's harder with a nice high flying pigeon especially with wind behind it.

Let's not compare the two it's two totally different aspects of shooting and shouldn't really be compared....

whats right with it.. not hard to shoot somthing that is sleeping in a tree is it.. or having just fed is roosting unable to fly cos its digesting its food.. not sporting and a VERY LAZY WAY TO HUNT!!!

shooting woodies with an air rifle is so easy its unreal .. if you cant even get close to em to shoot em with out spooking them then you really are a crap hunter .. decoys are made to BRING THEM TO YOU! i love it when people who cant shot or hunt for shit bitch :p keep it up .. lol for peopel who think shooting a woodie on the wing is easy HAHA u clearly dont own a shotgun or if u do have NEVER! tryed it.. and for anyone that shoot woodies at night really u should not have a gun at all.. LAZY TOWNIES

Edited by Cheshire JP

shooting woodies with an air rifle is so easy its unreal .. if you cant even get close to em to shoot em with out spooking them then you really are a crap hunter .. decoys are made to BRING THEM TO YOU! i love it when people who cant shot or hunt for shit bitch :p keep it up .. lol for peopel who think shooting a woodie on the wing is easy HAHA u clearly dont own a shotgun or if u do have NEVER! tryed it.. and for anyone that shoot woodies at night really u should not have a gun at all.. LAZY TOWNIES

:clapper: First class wind-up, fella! Nearly fell off my chair when the penny dropped, I mean no one could really come on here and spout such utter sh*te and mean it..... :toast::toast:

Cheers.

Who in their right mind would come onto a fellow country sports forum and bitch about their sport?!? Feral pigeons yea easy as he'll to get close to woodys?!? Not at all anyone who shoots them with a shotty would know that as bringing them in is hard if your not

covered. I think anti comes to mind here....

Bit weird, all that anger. A clean shot is a clean shot and both methods of shooting use a specific skill set to achieve the result effectively and humanely. No farmer I know, and I certainly know a few, will complain if the end result is the same! The choice of tool comes down to preference and I choose Air Rifle, partly through choice and partly through pragmatism.

That said, I'm going to give the UV pen a bash, I also heard from sib it was worth it!

Myself and everyone else here knows you dont know what your talking about. Now do us a favour and fack off somewhere else, the forum doesnt need trolls like you.

Admin delete this topic? Doesnt really have much reason to be on?

Edited by JackReid